Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from the frozen north........

Go down 
+3
DennisB
Vintruvious
Beaujangles04
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Beaujangles04
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Hello from the frozen north........ Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the frozen north........   Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Hello, so the name here is Terry....my wife and I just purchased a 2005 SilverWing each. We are located near Edmonton, Alberta, CA. If it quits snowing long enough...(lol) we are really looking forward to riding them. I previously had an older Goldwing, but my wife is just heading for lessons to get her bike license. My SW is fitted with a Corbin seat with matching rider a
passenger back rest, tall GIVI windshield and a chrome front fender trim. My wife's bike is stock at the moment, (except for a 12V accessory plug that has been wired in for charging cell phones, ect) but I am looking to put a trunk on both with lots of accessory lighting. Just started reading the forum here, so any suggestions are appreciated. have looked at the Givi and Coocase trunks...any preference?

Regards and safe riding
Terry
Back to top Go down
Vintruvious
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the frozen north........   Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:19 pm

I just bought a 2002 SW that came with the GIVI Monokey Maxi topcase and it is great! 52Liters of storage. Works great and I'd highly recommend it. I think they even have versions with light kits for extra visibility, but they are a lot more $$$.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lvvjjr.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the frozen north........   Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the forum. sunny
Back to top Go down
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the frozen north........   Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi Terry:

I'm from Edmonton. I ride a 2006. You and your wife will surely enjoy your new rides.
I also belong to the Alberta Scooter Club. Check us out. We are planning a trip to Sturgis North(Salmon Arm) in July. You might be interested in that. If you PM me maybe we can hook up for a ride this summer with the wives. I lent my scoot to a friends wife last summer to get her license. She said it was a piece of cake. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences this summer.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the frozen north........   Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:06 am

Terry,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Swings. My sister's family live in Edmonton and I guess it is still somewhat chilly up there. You should get together with "royr" for some rides.

RoyR,

You can include the link to that scooter site here. It may be easier for Terry to join the club there.

Post some pics if possible. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the frozen north........   Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the forum.

I have the Coocase 46L and I like it. It's nice for the extra room. Look on the Twistedthrottle.com site.

Hope it warms up soon for you.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from the frozen north........ 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the frozen north........   Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:30 am

Welcome to the forum Terry. There's a wealth of information and good people who are willing to share it. Enjoy the ride. small moped small moped small moped
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the frozen north........   Hello from the frozen north........ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the frozen north........
Page 1 of 1