Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest

Go down 
+4
bigbird
MikeO
MaxB
DennisB
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest Empty
PostSubject: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Is Honda offering this back rest now. Looks like it will fit all years of Silverwing Scooters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcmJsmBi-a8&NR=1

Found it!!!: http://japan.webike.net/products/9650765.html

Honda part and a HUGE price$$$.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:25 pm

at current exchange rate it is about $450 US ,

As a side note , last year, the exchange rate was a LOT higher, today yen is 85% of dollar , last year it was 105%.

It may go down more with all their troubles as of late.

MaxB ( who's money is buying less and less)
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Looks good......and so it should at that price!

Can't say I'm drawn toi the new Silverwing, though - I really don't care for the face-lift although the analogue fuel-gauge is probably better.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:40 pm

The kid riding the Swing sure isn't dressed very safely. If not for the helmet, I'd call him foolish.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:50 pm

I wish The United states had the vibrant scooter culture that Japan has.
Really like the analog cluster, and the backrest. Did i hear him say its only a 400? I would buy one just because it doesnt look like every silverwing ever made! Which is why i didnt post a picture of mine when i got it, seen one, youve seen them all! The Silverwing is the most amazing traveler!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:11 pm

The video must be from Hong Kong---speaking chinese and left driving/yellow plates.

Weak dollar makes box/back rest expensive in US---near $700.00

Givi rack/back rest/box-----if pad on box is used as back rest, even cheaper.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:29 pm

John Grinsel, That is a great quote in the current AEROSTITCH catalog page 165 if that is you! billc.

"Even though getting someplace can be miserable, it can still be fun."
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:48 pm

billc. wrote:

"Even though getting someplace can be miserable, it can still be fun."

That describes my second ride of the season yesterday to a T. It was sunny and cold yesterday, with a very brisk wind. Temp was about 5C, before windchill. I ventured out of the city again, this time about 60 miles in total. My trip was mostly along our flooding Red River of the north, which still has ice floating along it. My external temp gauge dropped to 1C along the river. It was damn cold with that strong wind blowing over the river. I had on my cold weather gloves, but by the time I got home my index and middle fingers of my right hand were numb. I used my full face helmet, full gear, and I was warm except for the fingers in my right hand.

But it was still great to be out there. I saw no other scooters or motorcycles.
Every time I'm out on the highway I realize what a great road machine the Swing is.
Back to top Go down
GWPSI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:53 am

The cost may increase dramatically after the earthquake. We are in video production. The high definition recording disks we use have increased more than 120%. Supply and demand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest   Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check this out - Keep an eye on the back rest
Page 1 of 1