Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Butt rest to back rest

Go down 
+3
cotetoi
GHM-PM
Foxy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-06-23

Butt rest to back rest Empty
PostSubject: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 7:36 am

Well,after reading that a few of you changed your butt stops into lumber supports I thought I would give it a go. Popped into the garage a couple of hours ago and this is what I now have. I have some seat fabric the same as the Swing, so I am going to make a cushioned pad to cover the new brackets.
Butt rest to back rest Img_4410

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 7:53 am

I put a kit on my Wing when I first got it and like it a lot. Downside is if you haul a passenger, it cuts into their space. But it only takes 5 min to remove and replace. Nice work and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 9:10 am

That is the exact method I used to do mine, only exception is that I bent the upright bars about 5-10 degrees towards the front. Works great for me.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 9:45 am

cotetoi wrote:
That is the exact method I used to do mine, only exception is that I bent the upright bars about 5-10 degrees towards the front. Works great for me.

Jay.

Yes, I may end up doing that bend, only the trouble and strife can't get her butt on the passengers seat now, not that it matters too much as she is not too keen on the Swing and is happy to stick to going on the Goldwing.
Back to top Go down
Foxy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 9:52 am

Got some foam and made up a pad and fixed it on below the re positioned butt pad. Material isn't identical, but looks okay. Butt rest to back rest Img_4412
Back to top Go down
Scout4
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-07-22

PostSubject: Extra room for driver seat no backrest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 8:47 pm

New member - my first scooter a 2006 Blue SW. I'm only 5'11 but feel like I could use a few more inches of leg room and move back a little in the seat.

Wondering if I there is a way to just move the current pad back and up a little or replace the current one with something a few inches narrower.

I tired to go to the Leroy site but kept getting a malware reject message.

Any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Ebay  steel backrest.  $59   Search Silver Wing backrest. Much more room.   Butt rest to back rest Rest_w10
All bolts together and can be removed nothing to modify.  Comes with a little pad at base and work great.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 7:10 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
Ebay  steel backrest.  $59   Search Silver Wing backrest. Much more room.   Butt rest to back rest Rest_w10
All bolts together and can be removed nothing to modify.  Comes with a little pad at base and work great.

YES, what he said!
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 4:22 pm

My 2004 Swing in Idaho has a forward folding backrest with a zipper flap/pocket on the back. Folding the backrest forward makes it easier for my wife to slide into the pillion seat. My wife stored things in the flap on our Canadian road trip last year. I don't know who makes it as it came with the trike.
Back to top Go down
Scout4
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 9:33 am

Thanks for the replies. It is an option but as mentioned in a few other posts it makes it more difficult for a passenger to get on and off. The folding back rest with the pocket would be great.

I thought I saw a post on another thread where they either got another pad that wasn't quite as thick or modified the existing drivers back rest. I did move the bracket down by removing the 4 bolts that attach to the seat and dropping the top bracket hole to the bottom. That helped some but it gives you maybe an inch and a quarter more room.

Rode yesterday evening and may need to raise my low beam headlight. I live in the country and I can see you over driving that headlight pretty quickly ...even the high bean was a stretch at anything approching 60 mph.
Back to top Go down
Murf
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Murf

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 1:24 pm

I have the adapter to raise the but rest and love it. For my wife I don't screw it in under the seat. I just slide it off for the wife to get on.
Back to top Go down
Scout4
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Thanks,

I may try that. I found the back rest conversion kit with the small pad at the bottom for $59 on ebay that was mentioned in an earlier post. Tried a few offers and they came back with a counter at $50 even. plus $13.50 shipping.

I'm going to give it a try. Now I just need to replace the catch on my right side glove box....it is a hit and miss thing when it will open. Sort of important when I went to the gas station and my wallet was in there. Guess I'll use my locking left side until I replace the catch.

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to back rest   Butt rest to back rest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Butt rest to back rest
Page 1 of 1