Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Member, Long Time Rider

Go down 
+3
GaryL
MikeO
DennisB
7 posters
AuthorMessage

New Member, Long Time Rider Empty
PostSubject: New Member, Long Time Rider   New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Terri from North Carolina. I ride a 2002 SW. Spouse recently sold his and moved up to a Can Am Spyder, but I expect to be a 'winger for life.

We were among the first 2500 riders who bought ours sight unseen except for the pictures that Honda displayed back in the fall of 2001. Up until that time we had been riding Helixes, but seeing that Honda would be coming out with a 600cc scooter, we went right up to our dealer and put down deposits on bikes that we wouldn't see for another 6 months. First thoughts on the bike, walking into the dealership in March 2002 to pick them up: "damn, those are big." Shocked It didn't take long to adjust to the size, but the speed ... I was used to pulling the throttle all the way over on my Helix to get it up to 65, but a mere twitch of the wrist and the SW nearly shot out from under me. That took some getting used to.

I had a sidecar installed in 2003 and have been hacking ever since. People had doubts about riding a "scooooter" (the non-scooterist way of pronouncing the word) on the twisties or long distance, but the first thing I did was take mine out on The Dragon and, the next year, ride it 1000 miles one way to show it off to my family in the Midwest.

Anyway, I used to hang out on the Yahoo SW group, but fell away from that forum a few years back. I'm glad to see an active forum in a web format and will likely be spending the next several hours reading all the back messages.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Long Time Rider   New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi Terri,

Welcome to the forum. sunny
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Long Time Rider   New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Hello Terri and welcome!

Thanks for your interesting post and yes, this is a very active forum - the best, friendliest and most informative Silverwing forum on the Net. Smile
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Long Time Rider   New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Welcome Terri. You have certainly come to the right place! I went from a GoldWing to the SilverWing, and do not regret it one bit. I had a Helix for a while, and still have a Reflex for around town riding. The SWing is used for more open road riding.

Have fun and ride safe!
small moped
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Long Time Rider   New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:14 pm

Welcome Terri,

Glad you joined the forum. Sounds like you will fit right in. I will be down in your area in the middle of June. Enjoy the forum and the ride.

Cathy swing
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Long Time Rider   New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:58 pm

Welcome,let us know what you think of your can am.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Long Time Rider   New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi Terri,

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you found us. It sounds like you have been a SWing rider longer than just about anyone. Please post some pics if you get a chance and hope that you will be an active member. We have a black SWing with a sidecar riding around here and it looks really cool. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Long Time Rider   New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 pm

ChinHoTep wrote:

First thoughts on the bike, walking into the dealership : "damn, those are big." Shocked

That was my first thought as well!
Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Long Time Rider   New Member, Long Time Rider I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member, Long Time Rider
Page 1 of 1