Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Drive belt prices
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Accessories I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Accessories

Go down 
+2
jdeereanton
midlifecrisis (Paul)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-23

New Accessories Empty
PostSubject: New Accessories   New Accessories I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:47 am

Just added a couple of things to my Silverwing.

I have a TomTom for my cage so didn't want to buy a specific one for the bike so my daughter bought me a Givi waterproof satnav holder for Xmas and have just taken it out of its package and mounted it on the handlebars. Went out for a tootle and the typical English weather, it decded to rain so it did its job Smile

New Accessories IMG_0436

I also installed my camera mount, the only place I could find to locate it was on the wing mirror arm, seems ok, once the nuts were tightened properly affraid

New Accessories IMG_0440

I tried my other full face helmet (as opposed to my Caberg flip) to see if the wind noise would reduce, no chance, get up to 60mph and its unbearable. Looks like the Givi airflow is going to be the next thing Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

New Accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Accessories   New Accessories I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:12 am

Hey - so you also have a Caberg Justisimo helmet! I really have enjoyed ours, but the time has come to replace it. Have you found it to be a particularly noisy helmet?

I like the waterproof box for the GPS.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

New Accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Accessories   New Accessories I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:28 am

jdeereanton wrote:
Hey - so you also have a Caberg Justisimo helmet! I really have enjoyed ours, but the time has come to replace it. Have you found it to be a particularly noisy helmet?

I like the waterproof box for the GPS.

Hi Dale

I will be honest, both helmets are both as noisy as each other, but that could be poor screen. Even on the Diversion I wore ear plugs, so untill I get the Airflow I will have to put up with it.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

New Accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Accessories   New Accessories I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:13 am

Hi Paul.... I couldn't tell if your wind screen is stock or a taller one. If it is the stock one, a taller one will help, not eliminate, only help. I have the Airflow now and it sure helped me. Not perfect, but definitely big time improvement.

I like the GPS cover as well. Gonna look into that. My wife and I have the Scala Team Set that has my GPS blue toothed to the headset, so I don't have to see it, but I do like the waterproofing cover. Good addition to have.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

New Accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Accessories   New Accessories I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:58 am

Opalsboy wrote:
Hi Paul.... I couldn't tell if your wind screen is stock or a taller one. If it is the stock one, a taller one will help, not eliminate, only help. I have the Airflow now and it sure helped me. Not perfect, but definitely big time improvement.

I like the GPS cover as well. Gonna look into that. My wife and I have the Scala Team Set that has my GPS blue toothed to the headset, so I don't have to see it, but I do like the waterproofing cover. Good addition to have.

Hi Gary

As far as I know it is a stock screen. I am not sure I would want it any taller as I don't really want to look through it.

It is more than just a satnav cover, it has other pockets too and I actually squeezed my phone in the top so I could see it, although I nave no way to answer it when I am riding.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

New Accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Accessories   New Accessories I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Your screen appears to be taller than stock. One thing to look at is the model name on the front bottom. If it has Honda, I think it will be stock. If it has something else (like Givi) it is not stock. That has been my experience. Not sure that is the case every time. The Givi I had before was tons quieter than the stock. The adjustable is just as quiet for me when adjusted properly.

I found the holder online and read about the pockets. I am interested.

Thanks for your post.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

New Accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Accessories   New Accessories I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
Your screen appears to be taller than stock. One thing to look at is the model name on the front bottom. If it has Honda, I think it will be stock. If it has something else (like Givi) it is not stock. That has been my experience. Not sure that is the case every time. The Givi I had before was tons quieter than the stock. The adjustable is just as quiet for me when adjusted properly.

I found the holder online and read about the pockets. I am interested.

Thanks for your post.

It states Honda and is 20.25" high if that helps
Back to top Go down
ehaughn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ehaughn

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-06-13

New Accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Accessories   New Accessories I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Can you post pictures showing how you mounted the TomTom?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

New Accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Accessories   New Accessories I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:22 pm

This will give you some idea of how this mounts. The elctrical connections are another story.