Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

The Winter Blues

Go down 
+7
Waspie
bigbird
roadrunner
Skippy
model28a
honda_silver
papa johns
11 posters
AuthorMessage
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-06-15

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Well folks its the Winter Blues. We have snow on the ground, roads are slick and the Silver Wings is perched on it's center stand in the garage. I once had the Alaskan blues while I lived 10 years in the far north. the Alaskan Blues is when you have 6" of clothes but your man parts acts like a turtle. 2" and it's not coming out. " Oh no not me buddy I'm not coming out at 40 below".
I have been detailed to drive the wife to Utah for a visit with the kids and Grand kids. it is such a drag to go anywhere without the Silver Wing in tow.
I have been lobbying for a winter home in Florida. the kids could use it etc etc, a winter Garden, Flowers Year around, I have been trying all the tricks to getting my wife of 37 years interested. I all most got her interested in a motor home but that would not fly as she is such and Eco Babe and just hates to waste any thing.
My plan is that when the Utah trip is finished I'll head to Florida in late February to the Coco Beach Rally then continue down south and ride the Florida Keys. Until the snow melts it's just the Winter Blues. Smile
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:08 pm

papa johns wrote:
My plan is that when the Utah trip is finished I'll head to Florida in late February to the Coco Beach Rally then continue down south and ride the Florida Keys. Until the snow melts it's just the Winter Blues. Smile

Sounds like fun cheers
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 am

Who is planing on going to the Coco Beach Rally in Feb.? chickendance small moped motorcycle
band
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:22 am

If your good lady can't see the benefits of such an offer then go it alone - you don't have to freeze Smile Even if the eco babe wants to LOL.
Back to top Go down

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:49 am

The Winter Blues 18122010246
well this is england at the moment..note the scooter rider at top of the road.
personally i hate the snow ,my silverwing hasn't moved in three weeks because of ice,frost and now snow.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:06 am

You can definately tell thats UK - the road is covered in Snow and no sign of a snow plow or gritter for the next 3 months (not LOL).
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:30 am

Nice pic, Phantom, of the brave (maybe crazy) soul on a scooter on that snowy UK street. I'll quit whining about the high 20s and low 30s we've been having here in north Florida. I guess I'm just spoiled by our 9-10 months of t-shirt riding weather.

Can someone provide details regarding the rally in Cocoa Beach in February? I've looked in the Rally section but didn't see anything.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:41 pm

That pic looks like what I face out my window for the next 15 weeks, which is another 105 days, without riding my Swing
Mad
Back to top Go down

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:59 pm

oh well as of today add a few more inches to that...people are even struggling on main roads now...this country can't do snow.i'm just glad i can walk to work.even though the one machine that we need is frozen,oops.thats another day lost to the snow.even after 6hours with 10 electric blankets rapped round it.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm sitting on the South Coast of the UK and we are clear of snow and ice. If was to attempt to drive or ride 7 miles north I would encounter the ridge of hills that surround the coastal town where I live and that would be as far as I would get. The inclines and snow with ice underneath is a barrier to all but the best 4 x 4 vehicles.

I watch the news and am amazed at the mayhem that the weather has caused.

Hope it improves enough soon for family to get through, ready for the Christmas festivities.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:49 pm

I guess I'm one of those brave souls, cause that looks like acceptable riding weather to me. Not good, mind you, but acceptable. Now get a good strong wind that will blow the snow away and leave just ice and I'd walk. Now If I could find a way to quickly attach and detach a wheel frame to the back to make a temporary trike for the hard winter, I'd be in scooter heaven Cool
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Hardcore Rider wrote:
I guess I'm one of those brave souls, cause that looks like acceptable riding weather to me. Not good, mind you, but acceptable. Now get a good strong wind that will blow the snow away and leave just ice and I'd walk. Now If I could find a way to quickly attach and detach a wheel frame to the back to make a temporary trike for the hard winter, I'd be in scooter heaven Cool

If it was simply compacted snow I would be tempted to agree. However, the snow is sitting on top of solid ice and that is what is making life treacherous.

I personally cannot afford to throw my Silverwing down the road so whilst the ice remains then the bike stays in the garage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:17 pm

http://www.usscooteralliance.com/info.htm

Info on the rally in Cocoa Beach.

Feb 25-28.
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Scooter Rally looks good. We live 1/2 hour away- going to ride over each day. All the hotels in the area are sold out already!

swing
Back to top Go down

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:27 am

Man I think it has been two months since I've been on the forum! I miss the riding so much when the snow comes. Here in southern OH we have about six inches on the ground. If the roads are dry and it's mid-40's I try to get out for awhile. We got to Florida for about six weeks and have talked about taking the bikes but some of the places we stay don't allow them. I can see that down the line finding a place where we could have bikes and enjoy wandering the back roads. Several from my riding group have bikes down at the winter places which does sound like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:56 am

The calendar says today is the winter solstice, but you sure can't tell from looking out the window. So far this year all the snow has stayed on the west side of the continental divide about 50 miles west of Denver. Here along the front range it has been mostly sunny with a bit of wind and yesterday's high was in the 60's again. I have been able to ride 5 days so far in December, including today. It is usually coldish in the morning (high teens to low 20's), but by the time I ride home it is quite balmy (40's to 50's). I suppose the worst thing I have to contend with is the dark. It is dark by the time I head home in the evening and it seems that cage drivers forget that there may still be bikes on the road this time of year, so those of us that are still on 2 wheels have to be hyper-vigilant. Still, I feel very lucky to be able to ride this late into the season, and starting tomorrow, the days will begin to get longer... Spring is coming!
Back to top Go down

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm currently in Florida and it's nice enough to scoot (71 degrees tomorrow) but I was unable to bring my scoot with me because of the social stigma attached to trailering a scooter.

I did have to drive through Chatanooga and I'd hate for you-know-who to see me.

It really hurts to have nice enough weather to scoot and have no scooter, almost as much as being with the scooter and not having good enough weather to ride it!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:55 pm

The Scootist wrote:
starting tomorrow, the days will begin to get longer... Spring is coming!

Yes, tomorrow will have 1 second more daylight than today, Thursday will have 7 seconds more than Wednesday, and Friday will have 13 seconds more than Thursday.
I'm so excited I almost pissed myself.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Hmmm, Bigbird, if that is all it takes to make you THAT excited, then it must be a fairly slow week in Winnipeg... Smile
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:00 pm

The Scootist wrote:
Hmmm, Bigbird, if that is all it takes to make you THAT excited, then it must be a fairly slow week in Winnipeg... Smile

You have no idea....
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:13 pm

DuggleBogey what part of Fl are you in?If you are near St.Pete.I may be able to let you use one of my scoots for a ride or two.We have a club that meets on Thursdays for a short ride.Let me know if you are near hear.
Back to top Go down

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 pm

I appreciate the offer, but I'm in Jacksonville!!

I'll make it to spring...maybe!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Don't get the Blues, SPRING is almost here. cheers Just 90 days away!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Winter Blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Blues   The Winter Blues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Winter Blues
Page 1 of 1