Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 9:35 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Old man winter won't leave

Go down 
+5
Tamjay
Nowun
JeffR_
Chilliwing
tinman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Old man winter won't leave Empty
PostSubject: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 am

- 25 C wind chile today and for the next 7 days . Feel like starting another high jacking .It would be nice (not wishing it on anyone) ,to know how many others are in this sxxxty weather. Global warming , go figure. Sad
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 am

Sorry Tinman, +20c and sunny here today. You'll have to move to the west coast.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:50 am

chillywing , All my family is here. But it would be nice to visit one day and take in the beautiful scenery along the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:03 pm

tinman wrote:
- 25 C wind chile today and for the next 7 days . Feel like starting another high jacking .It would be nice (not wishing it on anyone) ,to know how many others are in this sxxxty weather. Global warming , go figure. Sad

tinman,

I remember once when they had a huge "Global Warming" protest in Washington D.C., that it was so cold that day that they actually saw "liberals with their hands in their own pockets". Laughing Just a little cold weather humor. I hope global warming hits you soon up there so you can go riding again.
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:24 pm

+7C (45F) and sunny here. Nice day for a ride - except it's a public holiday and all the cagers seem to have sent their brains on vacation, too. And there's a load of them out there!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:52 pm

jeefr. For the last 6 years, we have been having warmer then average weather. Now it looks like were going back to the old weather patterns of the pass . Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:59 pm

They told me that the ponds around here used to freeze up hard enough to skate on every winter, but the now the ponds haven't frozen at all in the last 20 years or so. They didn't freeze this winter either. Even thought it was colder than it has been (total snow last winter was zero inches) it still never got cold enough long enough to freeze even the small ponds.
Back to top Go down
Tamjay
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tamjay

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:52 am

The UK has been suffering too. It's supposed to be Spring here, but it's been the coldest March on record!! Roll on the Summer, can't wait to know what it feels like to be warm again!

Laurie
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:02 am

On the weather map to day ,you can see The storm covering 1/2 the US ,Can.,all the way to Spain.I guest I am not the only one with cabin fever. Sad Sad wind chill =25 C this morning.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:40 am

I haven't got cabin fever, and I didn't feel the need to get out on the Silver Wing over Easter just because it was a Bank Holiday weekend. I much prefer to be out riding alone when the masses are all back at work. Neutral
Back to top Go down
RichG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:05 am

Meldrew wrote:
I haven't got cabin fever, and I didn't feel the need to get out on the Silver Wing over Easter just because it was a Bank Holiday weekend. I much prefer to be out riding alone when the masses are all back at work. Neutral

I also prefer riding alone during the week when the masses are at work and we have less traffic and thus less nut jobs on the road making it more dangerous to ride on 2 wheels.
I am lucky that I live in Florida where I can ride year long.
Not so when I lived up North near Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:22 am

Over here the first long weekend with heavy traffic is on Victoria day,the third weekend of May.In the north it is known as May run ,the opening of fishing season.Most head to a camping spot,away from traffic .The farther south you travel the lighter the traffic.The only traffic is on coming where they all scramble to get out of the city coming north .
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:30 am

I also ride alone most of the time . Group riding is not for me. I can hear myself thinking ,loud pipes gives me a migraine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:25 pm

It wasn't so bad Meldrew, most roads were quite, I think, because it was so cold.I get a bit twitchy if i don't get out every few days. I kept away from the coast, and had some really good days riding, no one at all on the country lanes apart, from the odd farm tractor and Horse rider. Smile
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Hourly Forecast 6AM 12 Noon 6PM 12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point 51 | 47 69 | 50 65 | 50 53 | 48
Wind 6 mph North 9 mph WNW 8 mph WSW 4 mph NE
Humidity 86% 49% 60% 85%
Chance of Precip. 10% 0% 0% 0%
Cloud Cover 20% 10% 10% 10%
Conditions Clear Clear Clear Clear. bounce

Hope to be riding on a 2 day trip up to Monterey Ca. in two days. Only about 350 miles but the weather is getting even warmer here.
just had surgery on my bladder this morning, so if the Dr. alien beamed up says OK I'm gone.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Very nice weather report ,have a nice ride,hope the DR don't ground you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old man winter won't leave   Old man winter won't leave I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old man winter won't leave
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: