Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dumb question about storage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Dumb question about storage Empty
PostSubject: Dumb question about storage   Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Again, I have yet to have my scoot delivered but I'd figured I'd ask anyway. I have a huge head for some reason and I've been fitted for a 2XL helmet. I understand there's plenty of storage capacity but will the underseat be able to swallow a helmet that size with ease?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Question About Helmet Underseat Storage   Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:34 am

necco,

Not necessarily a dumb question. I do not know the answer with certainty. It may be that you will have to turn the helmet on its side or more likely experiment a bit to find the best way to make it fit under the seat. Barring all else you can use the hook at the front left of the seat to secure your helmet (check the owners manual).
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question about storage   Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:25 pm

necco wrote:
Again, I have yet to have my scoot delivered but I'd figured I'd ask anyway. I have a huge head for some reason and I've been fitted for a 2XL helmet. I understand there's plenty of storage capacity but will the underseat be able to swallow a helmet that size with ease?

It could greatly depend on the helmet itself.

I had a Bell 3/4 XL fitted below with no problem.
The Shoei Multitec XL does not fit below without crushing the faceshield.

I store my two Shoei Multitec (Small and XL) in my Givi E-52 case both stored in their Shoei bags for scratch protection.
The small Multitec is positioned standing up and the XL Multitec is positioned on it's side with the bottom of the helmet facing the small Multitec.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Another Big Head   Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 pm

I have the same issue. I have a Scorpion EXO 1000 2XL and it does not fit under the seat. Crying or Very sad

On the plus side the helmet lock works fine until i get my topcase.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question about storage   Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi necco, My 3/4 KBC with Scala Rider attached and shield will not fit under the seat. I have not tried with the shield off as of yet but I am thinking it will. I did get my wifes KBC to fit enough to close the seat but was putting pressure on the helmet which made the seat not want to unlatch the front latch. Last summer I could put my wifes 3/4 small helmet under the seat with no problem without a shield. It is a Fulmer with J&M headset attached which we use on the Goldwing. Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question about storage   Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Just came from the Honda dealership, I purchased a Scorpion EXO 400 but before we played around with the Silver Wing they had t here and after a few tries managed to find a perfect spot for it to fit up front under the seat. The little white piece of foam kept it from being snug at first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question about storage   Dumb question about storage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb question about storage
Page 1 of 1