Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GWPSI
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-09-17

3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles Empty
PostSubject: 3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles   3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:58 am

Bought a 2003 three weeks ago after going to a used bike dealer to purchase a Honda cycle. The Swing had just arrived and I took it out for a short test ride.

Although I really prefer the look and shifting capability in a true cycle, the Swing made me a believer that this was the bike for me. I'm still having trouble dealing with the fact this is a scooter. We had a Bashan 150cc Eagle before this.

This is a great machine. Power to spare and great handling. I already added a back support and air-chamber seat pad. Big difference on rides over 50 miles.

We've had a 69 MGB for years and love to ride the back roads. I do everything possible to stay off Interstates and freeways and do the same on the Swing. I just prefer the byways to the highways. Far more interesting scenery.

Still getting used to the greater weight and handling characteristics of the Swing, but I'm getting the hang of it quickly.

I've seen multiple posts on replacing the windscreen because it was too low. I'm 6'1" and wear a full face helmet. Maybe that's why I have no problem at all with the stock unit.

Lots of great roads to ride in Central Ohio. Looking forward to touring them all.

Gene
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles   3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Gene,

Welcome to the forum. Great to have you join in.

Those back roads are waiting for you. sunny
Back to top Go down

3 weeks with a Swing and almost 900 miles
Page 1 of 1