Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hey from El Paso!

Go down 
+11
DarthJ
MajikalJoe
compguy
GHM-PM
JeffR_
"Hi Yo"
Greysilver
model28a
jasunday
LDB
powpilot
15 posters
AuthorMessage
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-06-30

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 2:48 pm

Just recently got back into riding and while I don't yet have a Silverwing, I do have a PCX 150 and a two week old Forza. Still, thinking a little bit ahead, I would like learn about SWings with an eye towards doing some serious touring in my retirement years.

Gary
Back to top Go down
LDB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
LDB

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2014-05-19

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 5:15 pm

Welcome from Houston, just around the corner from you (in Texas terms anyway). This is a really good site with lots of helpful people. You'll learn a lot I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks, LDB. I think I've seen you elsewhere on the web, maybe Maxi-Scoots? We lived in Beaumont for 14 years, Lufkin for 7 ... I think of myself as an East Texas although we've lived all over. Appreciate the welcome!

Gary
Back to top Go down
LDB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
LDB

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 6:03 pm

Yes, I visit that one and twtex also plus a few others that aren't bike related. I'm in Friendswood but usually start out with Houston as most everyone has heard of it. Born and grew up in Houston proper and never left the area. I just got a new 2012 leftover SW a couple of weeks ago. They are great bikes. If/when you make the jump you will be very pleased I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
jasunday
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi powpilot,

A "hello" from a Swing rider in nearby Las Cruces.

Seems as if you are newly retired and, as such, might be interested in a scooter riding group of mainly over age 65 in Las Cruces that I belong to. (Two of our members live in El Paso, west side, by the way.)

We ride every two weeks for breakfast or lunch, weather dependent, from Las Cruces to Hatch or Anthony. And we might sprinkle an off-week trip once or twice a year. Let me know if you're interested. You'd fit right in with your Forza, a very nice ride. (We stay off the Interstates.)

Jim
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 6:34 pm

welcome applause welcome 
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Seems as if you are newly retired and, as such, might be interested in a scooter riding group of mainly over age 65 in Las Cruces that I belong to. (Two of our members live in El Paso, west side, by the way.)

Jim, that sounds like fun! I tried to PM you, but have not posted enough yet. Perhaps you can PM me with some contact information. I bought my bike up there and used to spend some time at the Comcast Cable office. Charming city!

Gary
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Friendswood   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 7:13 pm

LDB wrote:
I'm in Friendswood but usually start out with Houston as most everyone has heard of it.
Our oldest and dearest friends just moved from The Woodlands north to a golf course community in Conroe.  When I was flying, we used to visit several times a year, but since I hung that up its only at Christmas.

Seems it was you who mentioned a new 2012 Silverwing out on the Katy Fwy.  I looked at that right after I had purchased the Forza, but having bought two scooters in six weeks, I need to cool my heels and let my wife adjust.

Gary
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Welcome to the site and yes an Swing will tour nicely.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hey from El Paso! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Howdy and welcome from down the road. About 600 miles, but still in Texas.    welcome

Last edited by "Hi Yo" on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LDB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
LDB

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:55 pm

Yes, mine came from Wild West Honda in Katy. They still have one left according to the website. Mine was removed the day after I got it so that's probably correct. Bo is the guy to talk to. If you're a gambler tell him Leo sent you.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: 600 Miles   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi Yo wrote:
   Howdy and welcome from down the road. About 600 miles.    welcome 

Thanks, Hi Yo! 600 miles would be the Metroplex?
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 pm

powpilot,

Welcome and hope you are able to find a nice SWing. They will take you anywhere you want to go. Have you tried touring on your Forza? And how do you like the Forza? I think it is a really cool looking scoot and looks very comfortable. I haven't had a chance to sit on one yet though. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:55 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
powpilot

Welcome and hope you are able to find a nice SWing.  They will take you anywhere you want to go.  Have you tried touring on your Forza?   And how do you like the Forza?  I think it is a really cool looking scoot and looks very comfortable.  I haven't had a chance to sit on one yet though.  Welcome.

The Forza is terrific, Jeff!  I've only had it two weeks so no opportunity to tour yet.  With an AirHawk on the seat, it is very comfortable and I'm getting 73 mpg according to the gauge.  I have not had anybody sitting behind me yet, so don't know how that will work.

Gary
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:55 am

powpilot I believe you now have enough posts to now utilize the PMs.  cheers
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hey from El Paso! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 6:49 am

powpilot wrote:
Hi Yo wrote:

Thanks, Hi Yo!  600 miles would be the Metroplex?
I refer to it as the Metromess!!!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:19 am

Hi Yo wrote:
powpilot wrote:
Hi Yo wrote:

Thanks, Hi Yo!  600 miles would be the Metroplex?
   I refer to it as the Metromess!!!    Laughing 

Indeed! My youngest son and most of our grandkids live in Arlington, so we visit regularly. At some point, we will be moving that way, probably Benbrook.

Gary
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:24 am

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new scoots. For info on touring check out some of the trips that have been taken on SWings in the "Rides" section of the forum!
Back to top Go down
compguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
compguy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-10-11

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:57 am

Welcome from Winter Haven, Fl. In 2007 a group of us Nam Vets organized a ride to El Paso or rather Ft. Bliss where we took basic training. We had 3 Swings on the trip. Might organize another some time.
Back to top Go down
MajikalJoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MajikalJoe

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-06-18

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:29 am

Hey  welcome I'm new here too. Been thru your area many of a times with the big truck (42yrs) of riding now have a 2013 Swing and planing a month long trip to see my Son in El Paso he also works for the Army sometimes at the base and other times  in White Sands. The trip to Houston and Midland is ok but that last stretch form the Flying J thru Vanhorn got me a little NERVOUS Question 

Joe
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: From Winterhaven   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 pm

compguy wrote:
Welcome from Winter Haven, Fl. In 2007 a group of us Nam Vets organized a ride to El Paso or rather Ft. Bliss where we took basic training. We had 3 Swings on the trip. Might organize another some time.

Man, that's a long ride! You should see Ft Bliss these days ... over 32,000 uniformed troops.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Far West Texas   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:01 pm

MajikalJoe wrote:
Hey  welcome I'm new here too. Been thru your area many of a times with the big truck (42yrs) of riding now have a 2013 Swing and planing a month long trip to see my Son in El Paso he also works for the Army sometimes at the base and other times  in White Sands. The trip to Houston and Midland is ok but that last stretch form the Flying J thru Vanhorn got me a little NERVOUS Question 

Joe

Let me know if you're coming this way, Joe. Maybe we grab a bite to eat and talk scooters. Yeah, not much out there around Van Horn and Sierra Blanca.

Gary
Back to top Go down
MajikalJoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MajikalJoe

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-06-18

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Well hopefully the new scoot is broke in by Midland and I make that run in all day lite hours I know coming thru there at night you see all kinds of nasty poop going on. Hey maybe you care to scoot over and we can ride back to Old El Paso  small moped together... Don't know where to find info on riding buddy's to meet along the way would be nice to run in a group.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:10 pm

MajikalJoe wrote:
Well hopefully the new scoot is broke in by Midland and I make that run in all day lite hours I know coming thru there at night you see all kinds of nasty poop going on. Hey maybe you care to scoot over and we can ride back to Old El Paso  small moped together... Don't know where to find info on riding buddy's to meet along the way would be nice to run in a group.

When are you planning the trip?
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 12:55 am

A big hello from the far east side of town.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Far East   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 8:32 am

DarthJ wrote:
A big hello from the far east side of town.

Back at you, Jim.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:09 pm

So, another 11 year old SilverWing found a new owner today!  I picked up a 2003 with around 13,500 miles on it at a very affordable price!  She needs some new tires, but other than that reflects a real pride of ownership.

While my Forza will remain my primary ride, I wanted something with a little more oomph on those occasions when my wife rides along.  Hopefully this will get up started doing a little touring together.
Back to top Go down
jasunday
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:17 pm

So you did pick up the Swing. Very nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed mine.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 am

Welcome powpilot from a close neighbor in Princeton, MN. Just a hop, skip and a jump. But that depends on how far you can hop, skip and jump...

This is a great site with lots of information.

I got my 08 SWing in April from my sister near Pensacola, FL. Runs great and is a lot of fun to ride.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 1:46 am

powpilot,

Congrats on your new SWing and I'm sure you will really enjoy 2 up riding. The SWing also gets over 80 mpg when riding at 75 mph... wait for it...wait for it. I'm just kidding !!! But if you have any questions please come back and ask. I just sat on a Forza and I liked it. Even though I'm 6' tall I only have a 32" inseam so I felt comfortable on it. I miss my SWing but enjoy my CTX700, but the SWing is a great touring bike.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 am

jasunday wrote:
So you did pick up the Swing. Very nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed mine.

Actually, I won't pick it up until Saturday morning, Jim. Lynda wasn't with me, so I had to leave it. I probably will not bring it to the Thursday morning rides until I put new tires on it.
Back to top Go down
jasunday
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:11 am

Good thinking replacing the tires; safety first.
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Awesome, Gary. I'm available if you need assistance.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 4:20 pm

DarthJ wrote:
Awesome, Gary.  I'm available if you need assistance.

Thanks, Jim!
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Welcome Gary.  I'm new to this forum also having just purchased a new 2012 Swing at a good price in Dallas.  Been riding since I was a pup but got used to not shifting when I owned a Majesty scooter (great bike) and commuted to work.  Sold the Majesty, missed it, so picked up the Swing.  I have a V-Strom also but on a ride last year up to Arkansas (Queen Willimena), I took the Majesty (Scooter) and found I liked it a lot when the weather's cool and rainy (more protection).  Anyway, welcome.  This is a great site with great tech articles.  From your user name "powpilot" (and I should know this) did you fly in the military and/or Airlines (I work for Southwest)?  Do you still fly much?
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Welcome! Our Yamaya Dealer "Celies Cycle Center," just took a 2004 Silverwing in on trade with a Can Am. I am sure he wants it out of his shop so will sell it pretty reasonable. It has 17,400 smiles on it.
They maintain any thing I can't do on my 2005. Mainly tire changes. I have short of 45000 smiles on mine but it looks like new yet. It has been a very good Silverwing and I plan to ride it until I am too old to ride. Pushing 78 Aug. 31st.

Happy and safe riding to all of you out there. Silverwings are a good way to go. Easy to handle quick, and good looking.
Back to top Go down
Rs42sport
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rs42sport

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:18 pm

welcome from the chicago area. Smile
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:41 pm

dwoodul wrote:
Anyway, welcome.  This is a great site with great tech articles.  From your user name "powpilot" (and I should know this) did you fly in the military and/or Airlines (I work for Southwest)?  Do you still fly much?

Neither, sadly. I was a private pilot for 10 years, but hung it up about five years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey from El Paso! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from El Paso!   Hey from El Paso! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey from El Paso!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: