Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 9:35 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New SWing owner/rider here from BC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

New SWing owner/rider here from BC Empty
PostSubject: New SWing owner/rider here from BC   New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:07 am

Hi folks... I'm just about to get my '09 SWing either today or tomorrow, so thought I would hunt down what owners groups may be out there.

I hail from Victoria BC Canada, which is supposed to be a bikers paradise, if you can get past the only way off this Island is via the good ole BC Ferry system. Else, the Island can provide many enjoyable miles to explore on 2 wheels. Geez, that sounds like an advertisement, eh? Shocked

I had been riding motorcycles (a 2000 V-Star 650 Classic, 2009 Suzuki C50T) but I just grew tired to the clutch/changing gears and other aspects of a motorcycle. My intent is to get out there and ride and have fun doing it. Not have to worry about what gear I'm in, etc. On the other hand, my wife is a motorcyclist.... I am NOT going to get her to change. Well, not yet anyway.

I am one that tends to be an avid chrome/gadget whore on my bikes, so, I am probably going to end up looking around for whatever I can add to my '09 SWing.

For sure, I am going to want to get a "top box" for it. I just want a handy place to keep light things handy without having to open the seat all the time.

Where do you folks end up buying your SWing asscessories? Is there a Scooter oriented online store that you folks tend to head to when you are looking for stuff?

Anyway, I think that I am going to enjoy many miles on my SWing, and hope to make many friends here on this forum.

Hi again folks! Hope to hear from you all at some point.

Last edited by rabbit on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to add my sig line.)
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: New SWing owner/rider here from BC   New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:29 am

rabbit wrote:
... I just grew tired to the clutch/changing gears and other aspects of a motorcycle. My intent is to get out there and ride and have fun doing it...
You should find the SilverWing ideal for that. Many folks on this board tour with their bikes.

Enough of that! Welcome to the Forum; this is a really friendly site and there are a few members that are a font of knowledge if you ever need to know anything about your new bike.

Regards,
Peter
(from Batemans Bay, Australia)
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New SWing owner/rider here from BC   New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:36 am

Hello Rabbit and welcome!
I hope you'll be very happy with your Silverwing - it's highly likely!

Accessories? Read through the relevant bits of the forum - the best place to start.

For chrome try http://www.fehling.de/
It's reasonable quality but not cheap.

Some of us have Givi topboxes; the E52 is quite popular.

You may find the stock screen a little wanting - the new Givi Airflow adjustable screen is flavour of the month!

DennisB (member of this parish) makes some tasty useful add-ons specifically for the Silverwing; I have his wiring connector and GPS mount, both useful beyond measure.

As for sources of supply, people will tell you where's best for them and Google is always useful.

HTH for a start.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New SWing owner/rider here from BC   New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:51 am

Welcome to the site . I got a Bestem top box for $69.00 from ebay for
$69.00 and I am happy with it .Givi is nicer but way expensive . do a search on Ebay and see what turns up . The next thing you will want is a larger wind shield .To much noise with the one that is on there . Again Givi is the way to go .
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New SWing owner/rider here from BC   New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi Rabbit. I'm in Winnipeg. I've got lots of accessories on my Swing. All my GIVI stuff came from www.bluestreakracing.ca
Tony is good to deal with. His prices, including free shipping, are just about equal to those of the cheapest online stores in the US.
For other items like the J. Costa variator and replacement pins, the only game in town is Matt at www.scootertrap.com who is in Orlando FL.
Because his shipping is expensive to Canada, I've had him drop ship to the US border crossing (Pembina ND) closest to Winnipeg. I just drive down and pick it up. You could do the same at Bellingham WA or closer.
A lot of US online retailers are now using USPS to ship to Canada instead of UPS, FedEx, Purolator, etc. Don't order anything from the US unless they ship by USPS. That way Canada Post delivers it. If the value is over about $50 they will want HST and $5 processing. The other private shippers will also charge exorbitant brokerage fees as well as taxes owing.
Any more questions, just ask.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New SWing owner/rider here from BC 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New SWing owner/rider here from BC   New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:38 am

Howdy and welcome. When your wife "the motorcyclist" is trying to catch up to your little scooter she might see what so many people on this forum enjoy. Just charge her when she wants to store stuff in your scooter. small moped small moped
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New SWing owner/rider here from BC   New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:24 am

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.

I saw your other post looking for online suppliers, I do not have a lot of time during the week, but I will attempt this weekend to create a downloadable doc of all (that I am aware of) the on-line suppliers and their specialties.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: New SWing owner/rider here from BC   New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:40 am

jdeereanton wrote:

I will attempt this weekend to create a downloadable doc of all (that I am aware of) the on-line suppliers and their specialties.

Good stuff. That kind of info saves a lot of time and Googling.
I look forward to that.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New SWing owner/rider here from BC   New SWing owner/rider here from BC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New SWing owner/rider here from BC
Page 1 of 1