Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Swing Rider

Go down 
+3
jdeereanton
honda_silver
DennisB
7 posters
AuthorMessage

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Hello all. Just picked up a new 08 Silver Wing today. Traded in an 08 Harley Electra Glide Standard. What a difference. Anyway glad to be a part of the forum. I'm from Northwest Ohio (Toledo). Riding about seven years. Got into it late in life and have been through many bikes. First scooter. Please to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey Jay600,

Welcome aboard. This is a good place to get information about your new Swing and chat with a bunch of great people. I just sold my 59 FLH PanHead...Just did not need it any more. Cool

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Jay600 wrote:
Just picked up a new 08 Silver Wing today. Traded in an 08 Harley Electra Glide Standard.

Welcome to the forum.

Jay600 wrote:
What a difference.
I would like to understand what the difference you perceive already cheers .
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:27 am

Jay600,

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:05 am

honda_silver wrote:
Jay600 wrote:
Just picked up a new 08 Silver Wing today. Traded in an 08 Harley Electra Glide Standard.

Welcome to the forum.

Jay600 wrote:
What a difference.
I would like to understand what the difference you perceive already cheers .

Well, I think the perceived difference would certainly be most noticeable when you ride the HD in and the Swing out. The weight, manuerverablity, seating position. I'll get used to it.

Last edited by Jay600 on Sat May 30, 2009 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:34 am

DennisB wrote:
Hey Jay600,

Welcome aboard. This is a good place to get information about your new Swing and chat with a bunch of great people. I just sold my 59 FLH PanHead...Just did not need it any more. Cool

DennisB Smile

DennisB, I never did do any touring on the HD so it was really more bike than I needed for the kind of riding I do. Harley's are good bikes and there is always a little bit of the feeling that you're on the king of the road, so to speak, with the rumble and all, but, still, it is just a bike. I do need to do a little modding to the Swing to get some more legroom. I think they build these bikes for the average height Japanese. I've been out for about 25-50 miles so far and the power is amazing for a 600 cc engine.
Back to top Go down

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:42 am

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:56 am

Jay,

Welcome to the site. I had a Sportster 883 for about 4 years back in the late 80's & early 90's, and I really liked it. I think the SWings power is comparable to the 883 but the SWing is more comfortable. I never had a chance to ride the bigger Harley's. Put some pics in the Album section when you get a chance and post some pics of future rides too. Hope you enjoy the site and there are quite a few of knowledgeable people here too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Welcome and congrats on your new ride, Jay. I'm a Burgie 400 owner who's probably getting a Silver Wing 600 soon.
Back to top Go down

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:43 am

GratefulGrrl wrote:
Welcome and congrats on your new ride, Jay. I'm a Burgie 400 owner who's probably getting a Silver Wing 600 soon.

Thanks for the welcome GG. I test rode a Burgman 650 and they are a fine machine. The ergonomics are better than the Swing for me at 6 feet but I got a very good deal on the 08 Swing and couldn't pass it up. And with some minor mods the Swing will be great. Hope you get yours soon.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:09 pm

Welcome Jay,
This is a great forum, with all the knowldedgeable folks and the untold wealth of information they can provide! Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:20 pm

Welcome, Jay,
I'm also new to a Swing, having ridden quite a few Hondas previously (but no Harleys). I have about the same riding time in as you do. Yesterday I rode up to the Blue Ridge Parkway with my spouse (he rides a Kawasaki Concours). I've been on the BRP many times, as we live about six miles from the nearest access road (NC Highway 80). Fortunately for me there are a few easier access points (like Hwy 226 which is what we used yesterday). I'm still not riding the Swing as aggressively as I hope to be able to do on the twisties--just something about the size of the wheels and that drop off point on engine braking that I'm still getting used to, as well as a longer wheelbase (my other "ride" is a BMW F650GS, which I'm keeping). I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to lean the Swing into corners, though, and I love the ABS brakes. It's very different than other bikes I've owned, but then I also said that about the GS bike when I first rode it.
Back to top Go down

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:01 am

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Nice folks here and I've already learned a bunch about the Swing.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:48 am

Hello from the other side of the pond, Jay.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:33 am

Welcome aboard cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Swing Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Swing Rider   New Swing Rider I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Swing Rider
Page 1 of 1