Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 9:35 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase.   New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 6:59 am

>Quote -
>Looking to purchase scooter in near future. I am
>looking at the silverwing, tmax, and burgman 650.

>Could I receive some input why people on this forum purchased the >silverwing over the other two scooters mentioned?

>Thank you.

>Respectfully yours,

>Greg T.
>South Carolina

-----------------------------------

Greg,

I chose the SilverWing based on brand reliability and dealer proximity. Not really - for me only one of those is an objective data point. It may be possible to assess brand reliability but it would require access to the manufacturers data bases. I have had no problems with my Hondas in more than 59,000 miles total for 4 Honda scooters - 36,000 of that with 2 SilverWings. This could mean I'm obssessive about preventive maintenance or that the dang things are just flat reliable or maybe a bit of both.

Truly I chose the SilverWing because I liked the way it fit me (subjective) and the way it looked (subjective). Nothing has changed for me and if I were looking to purchase a new scooter today I would again purchase a Honda. My dealership treats me well and the bikes I've owned have never failed due to a Honda part.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase.   New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:13 am

Good points and I guess I feel the same way. I had 25k plus on my three Honda Scooters. When I decided I wanted to take some trips I looked at the bikes my groups had. Most had that Helix or the Reflex but we have about four Silverwings and a few Burgmans. The guy who bought my '87 Helix bought a 650 Burgman and felt it was heavy and not as easy to handle as he had hoped. All the guys who have Silverwings in my group all love the bike and say how great it is to handle.
Also I really like my dealership. I feel as I women that they take extra time explaining things and make suggestions which I really appreciate. They answer my questions and have always been helpful to me. I really wanted to stay with this group. I looked at several other bikes, the Burgman and the Piaggio MP3 but all of them are just way too tall for me. I have had the seat cut down on the Silverwing and am counting the days until spring until I can get on the new bike and explore.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase.   New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:35 am

Hi

Check out this thread in the other scooter topics section on the forum here for some thoughts on the large displacement competition...

https://www.silverwing600.com/other-scooter-topics-f9/first-impressions-multi-scoot-test-review-t177.htm#800

Bernardo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase.   New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the forum. Looking at large displacement scooters for purchase.
Page 1 of 1