Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from South Carolina

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
moosedaisy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Hello from South Carolina Empty
PostSubject: Hello from South Carolina   Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Thought I should finallly introduce myself. I jumped right in with questions while I was trying to decide on a Burg or a Wing. In the end the wing won as there was one locally to be found and I grew up in Hawaii where Aeros and Sprees were the hot rod scooters of choice.

Yesterday my wife and I took our first real ride on it. We did about 60 miles and ended up using all the storage with stops at the library, farmers market, and grocery store. All my previous. Motorcycles had storage in terms of givi cases but none were as easy as underseat storage and the glove boxes. I'm still getting the hang of the auto transmission. I miss the instant power of me previous bikes but not shifting is really nice when im exploring the city.

I'm in the process of getting the bike up to speed with a full tune up and fixing some comfort issues like leg room and the but stop that is taking. away said leg room. I also find the rear suspension too soft but I am already working on that with some help I've got from this forum.

I imagine you'll be hearing from me often as I'm new to Maxi scooters and although I enjoy doing my own maintainence, I often fall into the catagory of enough knowledge to be dangerous!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina   Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:50 pm

moosedaisy wrote:
I miss the instant power of me previous bikes but not shifting is really nice when im exploring the city.

Search for Dr Pulley Sliders (lower weights have more acceleration).
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina   Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Welcome to the forums! I too am a noob. Today I adjusted my rear shocks from 2-4 setting. Quite easy following instructions elsewhere on the forum and no did not need a wrench!!!
Back to top Go down
moosedaisy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina   Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:07 pm

honda_silver wrote:
moosedaisy wrote:
I miss the instant power of me previous bikes but not shifting is really nice when im exploring the city.

Search for Dr Pulley Sliders (lower weights have more acceleration).

Yes, I've heard of those. I'm going to do some research and figure out what weight will work best. Right now I'm thinking 22g, but I want to get the general maintenance stuff out of the way first.
Back to top Go down
drstoney
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: I WANT TO PURCHASE A SW ; LOOKING AT 2002   Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:36 pm

ORIGINAL OWNER HAS 2002 SW WITH 13K WELL MAINTAINED ASKING $2500; WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR BEFORE I PURCHASE; THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSES; I AM AN OLD GOLD WING GUY; CAN NOT STRADLE ANYTHING DUE TO SURGERYS; DRSTONEY
Back to top Go down
strkngfang
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
strkngfang

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina   Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:11 am

Take a small test ride and if it sounds and runs good, you should be okay. Hondas are built rock solid so there shouldn't be any hidden problems that will surface. You probably know this from the Goldwing. I bought a used Reflex 250 off Craigslist and it ran like a dream so usually people are trustworthy in what they claim. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
drstoney
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina   Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:19 am

THANKS ALOT FOR THE ADVICE; I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. HAVE A BLESSED DAY !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina   Hello from South Carolina I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from South Carolina
Page 1 of 1