Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Drive belt prices
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

After Servicing The Silverwing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Everett Brewer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-04-19

After Servicing The Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: After Servicing The Silverwing   After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:30 pm

After tending to the oil, final drive, air filter, and the coolant, I took my 2002 SWing on a long ride---out to Cook's Corner where all the Harleys line up, where the riders wear from silk to cow leather, German Helmets to Stars and Strips bandannas, and they all loved the Silverwing. Old Bob, who has ridden for 50 years, with his beard and yellow and black leathers, had to ride it---he rounded the corner, hitting the left brake as if it was a clutch---was gone for 20 minutes, and when he returned, he said, "This thing is hard to ride." From there I rode down through the overhanging trees at O'Niel Park---across the hills to Ortega Highway---through San Juan Capistrano to the Pacific Ocean at Dana Point----from there up Pacific Coast Highway to Laguna Canyon Road---then home. I really enjoyed the humming of the SWing-----I don't think my Can Am Spyder and Honda Shadow are going to get much riding.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: After Servicing The Silverwing   After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:21 am

Everett Brewer wrote:
After tending to the oil, final drive, air filter, and the coolant, I took my 2002 SWing on a long ride---out to Cook's Corner where all the Harleys line up, where the riders wear from silk to cow leather, German Helmets to Stars and Strips bandannas, and they all loved the Silverwing. Old Bob, who has ridden for 50 years, with his beard and yellow and black leathers, had to ride it---he rounded the corner, hitting the left brake as if it was a clutch---was gone for 20 minutes, and when he returned, he said, "This thing is hard to ride." From there I rode down through the overhanging trees at O'Niel Park---across the hills to Ortega Highway---through San Juan Capistrano to the Pacific Ocean at Dana Point----from there up Pacific Coast Highway to Laguna Canyon Road---then home. I really enjoyed the humming of the SWing-----I don't think my Can Am Spyder and Honda Shadow are going to get much riding.
You got a $20k trike?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: After Servicing The Silverwing   After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:04 pm

tankyuong wrote:
You got a $20k trike?

The Can-Am Spyder is not a trike ... nor does it handle like a trike.

Last week I went on a 30 minute road demo ride on the Can-Am Spyder

1) RT first
2) RS second

Even though there were a lot of straight sections on the demo ride ... I did not drive straight After Servicing The Silverwing Icon_lol so I could full test the handling. In fact California and Delaware no longer require motorcycle licenses for the Can-Am Spyder. When I have more time ... I hope to provide a better write-up.
Back to top Go down
Everett Brewer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Can Am Spyder   After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:17 pm

The Can Am Spyder is far far more than a typical trike-----got this wonderful machine on a very special deal, and I am enjoying it very much---will take some long trips on it very soon... BRP has demo rides offered at various dealers around the country----I recommend that people take a ride. These machines now have handicapped pelople, men and women who cannot walk or have other serious physical issues now enjoying riding, in some cases people who have never taken a walking step in their lives are riding with wheelchairs fixxed to the Spyder----Old guys like me who have ridden for 45 years, but now can't hold the weight, out on their Spyders (That's me.). But I've found I can handle the weight of the Silverwing and the 750 Shadow. With the computer tehnology and the reverse gear, BRP has extended the joy of riding to a whole other population----I cannot praise them enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Servicing The Silverwing   After Servicing The Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After Servicing The Silverwing
Page 1 of 1