Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 9:35 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Newbie here from NC Mountains

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StixNC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2023-08-05

Newbie here from NC Mountains Empty
PostSubject: Newbie here from NC Mountains   Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 8:53 am

Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone for letting me join this wonderful forum. I have been riding bikes for over 35 years and this is my first scooter bike. I bought this bike yesterday and it has 66k miles on it and runs like new (I Think, never had a new one Laughing). I also have a 21 KTM 390 adventure but may sell it now after discovering how much more fun this scoot is. I'm in the NC mountains next to Virginia so the country's most awesome riding is in my backyard and this scooter is going be so fun in it!! Im here on the forum to discover all the cool tips and tricks on how to get the best experience out of my scoot.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here from NC Mountains   Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 12:45 pm

Welcome StixNC. I'm sure you'll find the SW a curious beast. It's the same as a regular bike but completely different!

Handles OK for a scoot, a fair bit of power and that lovely seat with the cave beneath it. Enjoy the ride and post any curiosities and questions you may have. I imagine that you've stopped moving your left foot to change gear by now?

Back to top Go down
Grambazz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here from NC Mountains   Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Oh, and don't forget stamping your right toe down for the rear brake!
Back to top Go down
StixNC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2023-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here from NC Mountains   Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2023 8:44 pm

Yes the foot brake issue is the only thing that’s been giving me a fit,,lol. I actually had a 2018 Honda Africa Twin with a DCT so I am used to being without the shifter but not the foot brake but it’s growing on me. The only gripe I have is why haven’t I had one of these years ago😁
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here from NC Mountains   Newbie here from NC Mountains I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie here from NC Mountains
Page 1 of 1