Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Newbie here I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Newbie here

Go down 
+7
dickie
DaveR
Scooterian
The Scootist
JeffR
joncallihan
transam86
11 posters
AuthorMessage
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Well im a veteran on the original forum but a newbie here. Im sure many from the other forum is here as well. But one can never get enough of a wing

Eddie B
The Blingmeister
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:53 pm

Hello Eddie.

We were all newbies here at one point in time. Welcome here. JeffR runs a good tight ship.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Hey Eddie,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining. When you get a chance why don't you put a pic or 2 in the Album up at the top of the page. Again, Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Eddie, My winged brother, glad you came aboard. Good to see you around. Spring is in the air, gonna be in the 50s tomorrow, will get the SW out in the morning and ride her to work. One Winged Family World Wide.
Back to top Go down

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Welcome aboard Eddie! Glad to have ya!
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 am

Hello Eddie!

Nice to see you over here too. Are you still looking into Chattanooga?
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Winged Brother!!   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Eddie,

You've helped me out several times on other forums. I'm delighted to see you here too. I really appreciate all your help and wish you the best looking for a place in the sunny south. --Scott in Maine
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Eddie,
Have you given any thought to the frozen wasteland called "ski country USA"?
Here it is the 26th of February, the fourth day in a row with temps in the mid to upper 50's (yesterday and the day before it was mid to upper 60's) here on the flatlands.

I agree with Scott in Maine, your constant wit and never ending desire to enhance the Silver Wing has been a source of amazement for me.

By the way, Scott in Maine, that looks a whole lot like something from the mid west (St Louis?) in your hand. Cheers, Bro.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:37 am

This is "Old Dave" in Western Nebraska....I want to replace the trunk light in my 2005 S-Wing. Jon tells me a lot of the plastic has to come off to do it.
Has anyone actually replaced one that can give me some tips? I ordered the part, Honda Trunk Light # 34260-SH 3 - 004 for 1994-2001 Acura Integra 3 door Hatch Back.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:45 am

Old Dave,

That's what I get from reading the Shop Manual. Dan over in FJS600 forum tells us all that it is quite simple, no tupperware to fiddle with. Sorry about the misinformation.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Jon,
Thanks for trying to help anyway....that's what communication is all about.
If we can help on another that's great. If you just have to remove the old one and put the new one in like Dan says, I might as well have a light in my trunk. Thanks again and no apologies needed....
Just "Old Dave"
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Eddie nice to hear from you on this site. Welcome and enjoy...
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Im so sorry I never responded to none of these awesome replys. I totaly forgot about this awesome forum and havent been back since what ever my original join up date was. So im sending A huge thankyou to all of you for the newbie welcome wishes. I had updated my profile as much as I can with some photos IN THE ALBUM SECTION i THINK? So cool to see so many hwere as the other forum as well. I also am so glad I was able to help out so many as well.

Last edited by transam86 on Thu May 14, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Peek-a-Boo I'm here too! Welcome Bro Laughing
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:28 pm

YO WUD UP DAWG??????????????????????????????????
Back to top Go down

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Welcome to ur group. Newb rider myself. I love my SWing. small moped Cool
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:31 pm

WELL THANK YA KINDLY SIR
Back to top Go down

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Welcome and Enjoy. I'm loving my new Silverwing. I'm on it every chance I get. What part of NY is WappingersFalls, my dad is on the NY/PA line up on the lake. NY and PA are beautiful states to ride in.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:12 pm

My town is in south east ny an hour north of NYC
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:56 pm

transam86 wrote:
My town is in south east ny an hour north of NYC

It still is New York Razz.

How are things progressing with moving to Tennessee?
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:01 pm

Bil its on hold for a bit brother, I got so much stuff going on. I just got my girlfriend moved in and shes still unboxing. then she has to look at the employment situation in that area but im also looking into ft myers/capr coral as well foreclousers are 35,000 and up so living there with no mortgage would be OH SO SWEET BRO
Back to top Go down

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Welcome!   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:08 pm

I feel funny welcoming you, as I've read posts by you on the other forum and you've certainly been at this longer than I. Just washing the first set of dead bugs off my Swing. We're in for four straight days of rain so I'll have time.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:14 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMMM rain damn i forgot what the friggin sun looks like here in south east ny. if we get 1-2 sunny days its followed by 4-7 days of rain and clouds. As far as washing bugs off? Thats what I do literally every time I stop I bought PIG SNOT :-) thats right I said pig snot from my friends leather shop. Pig im guessing hog as in harley and snot for liquid. Its awesome light spritz and bugs dont stand a chance. Thank you for the welcome aboard message my winged brother. This is a mirror of the other site but different ya its an oxy moron but all the cool people bounce inbetween both sites
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Eddie,
Guess I missed your original sign-up in February or I would have joined in then. Anyway, you already know this a great site or you wouldn't be here.

Just as a side note and off subject kinda; I wish we could trace emails on these sites clear back to '04. That's when I first got the hankerin' to take up the cycle world so I sent in an email asking everyone if a 60+ something year-old should even think about such a thing, being a newbie and all.

I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm 99.9% sure it was one of your responses that got me started in earnest. Reason? No one else speakes your in your vernacular. I'll never forget it; was one of the confirmations I needed. Took me 'til '08 to get started but I made it. Thanks to you and others.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:08 am

AAAHHH my brother Dick wud up my wing man?????? Friggin awesome post pal. Look one is never to old to ride or matter of fact pal this bike is perfect for people with disabilities as well. No harm no foul the only thing you lost brother IS GERAT QUAKLITY WING TIME A BONDING WITH AN AWESOME MACHINE!!! If I am the man that swayed ya then rock on brother but what ever the reason is pal you got a wing and your enjoying it as well as life its a fun machine. Bro thats why a year and 1/2 ago I called this the silverwing family because though 90% of us will never meet physically?? We all are there for eachother in the drop of a sime. Welcome HOME BROTHER
Back to top Go down

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:49 am

WELCOME EDDIE. I'M A NEWBIE MYSELF.
MARKR
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:24 am

mark well nice to meet ya brother. seemd so many people know a great bike when they see one hua?? thankiyou for the welcome and welcome right back to you pal
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi welcome from "Old Dave" in western Nebraska. The Silverwing is a fantastic machine especially for someone with artificial knees. All you have to do is pick up your feet when you go and don't forget to put them down when you stop....Mine is a 2005 the pictures are on this site under general chat, "just trying to take a picture" Have fun and ride safe...
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:54 am

Welcome from the other side U.K Smile Im guessing thats an 86 Transam in the pic Laughing
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 4:16 pm

yes YOUR GOOD :-) thats my 1st love i guess because my 2 hands and mind created it
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 4:31 pm

looks like a nice ride
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Eddie,

You've really helped me out with some SWing advice a couple of times over the last year or 2. I really appreciate it. -Scott in Maine
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Scott absoloutly my pleasure pal. This is what family is for brother. I have asked for answers to some questions as well and got the answers I needed to do a project on my bike so I like you bro thank many as well as you thanking me. These 2 forums are friggin awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie here
Page 1 of 1