Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Replacing front indicator bulb. How?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkF
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2020-11-20

Replacing front indicator bulb. How? Empty
PostSubject: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 5:54 am

Last week my dash indicator signal flashed double quick, a quick look & the throttle side front bulb is out. I cannot find info on the forum on how to replace it so I followed headlight bulb info........

With the front panel removed I can see the rear of the bulb housing. I've got small hands so can reach in, the headlight bulbs are accessible but I've short fingers, I can't get any leverage on the turn unit, even if I could I wouldn't be able to get it back in. Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 6:39 am

Not really, if you've got the front windscreen garnish off. Just reach in and turn the bulb socket anti-clockwise to remove it. It is a confined space but you get quite adept at it once you've poked around in there a couple of times. It doesn’t help either that the heat in there makes the dust covers a bit sticky when changing headlight bulbs. So a spray of rubber and plastic lubricant when you're in there makes things easier next time you want to replace or upgrade a bulb.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 10:32 am

Aw, ya missed it Meldrew. The guy wants to replace a front turn signal bulb. Which is a bigger PITA than the headlight bulb.

Sorry, I’m too ham fisted to have attempted a turn signal bulb in situ. When the time comes I’ll just remove the front fairing (“front cover” in Honda speak) and change them to LED’s and do the turn signal flasher upgrade.

Now hopefully someone who’s actually replaced a turn signal bulb will chime in with some advise for MarkF.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 11:09 am

Well never having to change one myself, I blew the dust off my FSM and referred to that. If you want PITA don't mess with those 5w pilot bulbs unless absolutely necessary, because they'll be squeezed off their connector and drop down into the headlight reflector.

All is not lost though as you gain great manual dexterity skills disconnecting the headlight bulb dust cover, connector, and headlight bulb to to retrieve these pesky bulbs with numerous attempts with a flexible grab. Which of course you'll have to purchase unless you already have one.

It's all good experience though and well worth the scratches on the back of your hand.

Back to top Go down
MarkF
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 12:49 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Aw, ya missed it Meldrew. The guy wants to replace a front turn signal bulb. Which is a bigger PITA than the headlight bulb.

Sorry, I’m too ham fisted to have attempted a turn signal bulb in situ. When the time comes I’ll just remove the front fairing (“front cover” in Honda speak) and change them to LED’s and do the turn signal flasher upgrade.

Now hopefully someone who’s actually replaced a turn signal bulb will chime in with some advise for MarkF.

Thanks, yes like I said...........I can reach in but only just touch the bulb holder, not get any grip on it. Maybe I'll have to look at fairing removal or look at the neighbours kids for a potential bulb removal candidate. Smile
Back to top Go down
MarkF
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 5:38 am

Can't believe that the front has to come off to change a turn bulb. There has to be a way, I can't be the only one who's had turn bulb fail. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MarkF
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 12:36 pm

The fairing had to come off, to replace a bulb..............I ran out of neighbours kids in the end and gave up.
Back to top Go down
MarkF
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 12:20 pm

Hmmm it's gone pop again............tbh this bulb business is having a dispropotionate affect on my feelings towards this bike. This time I've taken more interest, the new bulb is fine, the socket super clean. After reading a few old posts, I've taken apart the handlebar switch assembly and cleaned it thoroughly with contact cleaner. Still no go, it can't be the relay as the other three bulbs function and I'd have thought a wire issue would likely have produced an intermittent fault before failure?

Ideas?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 3:40 pm

shop manual might help
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 4:45 pm

It doesn't. I had a look through the FSM recently before I sold it and it's just basic info. Access to the front indicator bulbs really is difficult and restricted, and it must be very annoying and frustrating for MarkF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing front indicator bulb. How?   Replacing front indicator bulb. How? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacing front indicator bulb. How?
Page 1 of 1