Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) Empty
PostSubject: Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)   Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:39 am

Removing the left rear cover is a snap. 2 phillips screw drivers is all it takes, 1 short and 1 long. To make the job easer, you can remove the spoiler.

1. Place the scooter on center stand.

2. Open seat (remove cargo light bulb for long time periods with seat open).

3. Remove small back panel from scooter (2 screws and panel).
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) Lrc410
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) Lrc610

4. Remove bottom screw from Side cover.
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) Lrc310

5. Remove the 2 top screws.
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) Lrc110
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) Lrc210

6. Un-snap covers rear spring clips (2) by pulling straight out on the cover end.
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) Lrc510

7. Fastening tabs are located alone the covers top edge. Move cover up to disengage these tabs.

8. Disengage front location pin from rubber grommet (located above left passengers foot rest). This is where the Main Fuse for the Scooter is located (30 Amp). I'm pointing at the SPARE main fuse. The IN-USE Main fuse is located just above it.
Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) Lrc710

9. At this point you can remove the rear side cover completely by disengaging the seat dis-locking cable or just let the cover hang by the cable for a short time if needed.
Back to top Go down
mrloudly
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)   Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:20 am

Thank you for that Dennis, I'll check it out and let you know.

Regards

Andy M
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)   Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:08 pm

Something would cause the main fuse to blow out. It must have a short or something.
Anyone have any more suggestions?
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)   Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:17 pm

In November, I damaged the front faring so had to have it replaced. I have the driving lights mounted with Dennis' bracket and ran the wires through the vents just behind them. I have had those for lots of smiles with no problem. However after they replaced the faring, I don't think they wired them the same way. It has caused this intermittent problem of the lights not staying on. They said at the shop they didn't change anything but I have a hard time believing that because it is now blowing the fuse. I hope they get it straightened out because it is not a good thing to ride not knowing when the fuse will blow. I have the driving lights not so much to see with but so that I can be seen. I don't want people turning in front of me.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)   Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 12:40 am

Dave so are you saying that your problem did turn out to be the main fuse? Are you saying now that you're having with your lights that you added? Do your added conspicuously lights work with your headlights or are they separate? If your conspicuously lights are separate from your headlights are separate do they have their own fuse. Are your conspicuously lights LEDs? If not what are they meaning what kind of bulbs do they use? Did the shop that replaced the fairing put your conspicuously lights on for you in the first place or did you put them on yourself or did a different shop put them on for you.
I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I can't really help without more information. Also It would help if you came back and let us know if the information already given helped, I looked at your post from Wednesday and you never replied to my advice to check the main fuse but it now looks like that was at least part of your problem right? Help needs to be a two way conversation.
In fact I think it may be easier if I took all your posts pertaining to this problem and put them In their own topic so it would be simpler to follow for someone else having the same problem and searching the forum topics for help. I may do that tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)   Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Thanks for all of the input. I went over to the dealership and they had not got to my Silverwing yet so, I borrowed a screw driver took the left panel off pulled the main fuse and it was blown. i replaced the fuse with the green 30 and then took my flashlight and looked under the front faring. They had used a plastic slip cover on the main wire and it had slipped down and shorted out. I replaced the slip cover on the wire and put some silacone on it so it could not slip down again. It is fine now every thing working like it should. There should be an in-line fuse that will blow before the main 30. The guy that worked on it said their was but it could not be or the fuse would have gone first before the main 30. It is Saturday and they close early so will go back Monday and see what the deal is. Needless to say I wasn't too happy with the fellow that worked on it. I will talk to the manager Monday as I paid them good money to do the job. Insurance took care of most of it but I still had to pay some out of my pocket. Smile That pictoral helped me to find the main fuse though. Thanks
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)   Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 11:50 pm

applause Glad you got it squared away. I agree about the pictorial, pictures are so much easier to understand than words. Thanks for the follow up.
There's a lot to be said for the saying, "If you want something done right do it yourself". Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)   Main Fuse - Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Left Rear Cover Removal - Pictorial (Main Fuse Access)
Page 1 of 1