Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

SOLVED dashboard rattles.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MSG_MotoVlogs
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MSG_MotoVlogs

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2017-01-21

SOLVED dashboard rattles. Empty
PostSubject: SOLVED dashboard rattles.   SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Heyy members,

I recently purchased a 2006 S'wing that spent the last two years (2015-2017) inside a storage room. The bike had low milage 16000km (approx ~9941 miles) but had suffered from 2 tip-overs, once due to turning of a sandy road surface and another the previous owner admitted is unknown as he returned home and the bike was laying down in the roadway.

The old owner, retired-mechanic from Ford, had maintained the scooter up until he stored it in 2015. I looked pass the scuffed, the scratches and bought it. Life is about taking some chances!

The rattles came from everywhere but most the dashboard area. I rolled up my sleeves and fixed the problem... one of many -_- smh

I uploaded a few photos of the damage I found inside the front fairing.

With the engine running and an assistance at the throttle I located the rattle. Rear of the dashboard left side (Behind RPM dial) a small piece of plastic has broken off I assume from constant contact with metal bracket.
SOLVED dashboard rattles. 20170519

I filled the gap around the pin with JB weld Plastic Bond
SOLVED dashboard rattles. 20170518

Some many broken clips. I fixed those with Plastic Bond as well. I will use my dremel to knock down the extra material.

SOLVED dashboard rattles. 20170520
SOLVED dashboard rattles. 20170521
SOLVED dashboard rattles. 20170522
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/c/msg_motovlogs
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: SOLVED dashboard rattles.   SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 3:13 pm

It's the nature of the beast to rattle on take-off. I'm sure you'll find your SWing a bit quieter, but those rattles will only be muted somewhat, over time they'll get louder. I thought I had my rattles fixed on my nowcrashed 2005. Similar problems to yours, broken tabs, etc. I fixed what I could, got it a bit quieter but not for long.
My 2007 has fewer rattles but it has not had much tab breakage, more scratches on the plastic skirt. I have already found one but bound to be a few more lurking under all that great body !
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: SOLVED dashboard rattles.   SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 3:48 pm

I'm tackling the moving off vibration problem (so bad, passers by stare in wonder) from another aspect.

I'm looking to raise the revs a little before and as the clutch starts to bite. I've ordered some 25gm Dr. Pulley sliders and some 10% tighter clutch shoe springs.

It may not cure the vibes, but may improve the performance slightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOLVED dashboard rattles.   SOLVED dashboard rattles. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOLVED dashboard rattles.
Page 1 of 1