Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Danzinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. Empty
PostSubject: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 12:57 pm

I ordered a Admore LED lightbar to mount under the trunk bracket. I plan on tapping into the wiring harness to have greater visibility to following traffic. Any pitfalls I should know about?
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:27 pm

Always good to be seen. I added Admore lights to my GIVI E55 top box. Together with the Back-Off modulator I believe that vehicles following can see me. My wife said that she was impressed when she followed me home one night.
Back to top Go down
Steve Danzinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:37 pm

Is the back off modulator port of the $199. Light bar?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 2:27 pm

STEVE DANZINGER wrote:
<> I plan on tapping into the wiring harness to have greater visibility to following traffic. Any pitfalls I should know about?

Tap-a-Tail Light and The Perfect Connector are no longer being made, but I have a couple of my Plug & Play tail light wire harness adapters still available. Made with the same Sumitomo plugs, 20ga wiring and the same wire color codes as OEM Honda. No risk of damage to OEM wire harness. IIRC the Perfect Connector did not follow the OEM color code.

Contact me if interested.

Tim
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 4:41 pm

I had added the Admore light bar to my Silverwing and it was extremely easy using Tim's (Cosmic_Jumper) tail light wire harness adapter. made it much easier although could be done without it you can do everything off the bike and then just plug and go.

I liked it so much I added one to my BMW when I sold the Silverwing, second one was a Version2 that added the modulator, deceleration warning light and other features that are programmable via a Windows program and using a USB cable. Also has an optional license plate light and can program the braking warning features of light and decelerator flash. Big improvement over the first version and same form factor and I believe same price.

Based on feedback from riding buddies it works well and the deceleration light doesn't give false signals and only activates when actual slowing down. brake light even seems to pulse a bit at stops to draw some attention to brake light being active.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 5:03 pm

STEVE DANZINGER wrote:
Is the back off modulator port of the $199. Light bar?

The Back-Off modulator is not part of the Admore lights. I actually had to splice into the original cables to have the bike's brake, tail, and turn signals work in unison with the Admore lights.
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 5:54 pm

Not sure what is considered back-off lights but version2 of Admore lights do have a modulator feature.

https://youtu.be/Irn_MyAXfqo

Version 2 on my existing bike

Last edited by bicyclenut on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 3:26 am

bicyclenut wrote:
Not sure what is considered back-off lights but version2 of Admore lights do have a modulator feature.
https://youtu.be/Irn_MyAXfqo
Version 2 on my existing bike

This is the modulator I have. 

BackOFF™ XP Brake Light Module by Signal Dynamics Corporation
 www.dynamicsignal.com/‎
Back to top Go down
Steve Danzinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 9:02 am

Tim / Easyrider:
I just purchased my new 2013 Silverwing and have 40 miles on her. I'm 79 and this is my first bike. I've printed out the wiring diagram for the bike and it looks straight forward. Tim what is it that you have and I need to wire up the light bar.
What about this "back-off modulator"? How does it work and where do I get one?
I need all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Steve
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 9:55 am

Sorry, Steve, but I can't help you with any info about a "back off modulator".

Here is a link and thread to DennisB's original introduction of the Perfect Connector (with photos): https://www.silverwing600.com/t992-the-perfect-connector-for-led-lights-hook-up?highlight=Perfect+connecto

However my Plug & Play adapter follows Honda's wiring color code.

I hope this helps.

Tim
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 10:25 am

Steve,

The "back-off modulator", brake light modulator or whatever variosu manufacturers call it is a device the flashes the brakes lights when applied to catch the attention of drivers behind you.  It seems to be a good safety feature for us motorcyclist as since we are of smaller profile it draws attention to when we are braking for drivers following us.  It flashes the brake lights in some pattern like a strobe when applied initially.  If you purchase the latest programmable version (version2) of the Admore lightbar it is included and can be programmed for various patterns. If you watch my video posted earlier you can see how the brake lights flash or modulate when applied before remaining solid. With the Admore the brake light can also be programmed to pulse slightly when the brakes are held on to be more noticeable to approaching traffic.

You can also purchase these modulators to be wired in and added to the existing brake lights but if you purchased the recent Admore lights you do not need to do so unless you want this feature for both sets of brake lights, probably overkill.

If you get the Admore SMT Light Bar, programmable you get all-in-one:
- Aluminum housing incorporating 81 unified, high intensity, bi-color (red/amber) SMT LEDs (plus 3 white LEDs) to provide tail light, brake light, progressive amber turn signals and white strobe when brakes are applied.
- Firmware upgradeable, customer configurable
- Functionality configurable by customer includes: Brightness level, deceleration sensitivity, brake light modulation, white strobe light, license plate light and more!
- Integrated super-bright white license plate light (can be set to “On” or “Off”) to accommodate mounting above license plate
- Micro-USB port (cable included) provides connectivity for firmware upgrades and to access AdMore Configurator Software Suite (Windows 7,8 & 10 compatible or Command Line [Linux or MAC OS] compatible) for user definable options
- Sophisticated accelerometer sensor detects rapid deceleration of the motorcycle or scooter and automatically activates the Light Bar brake light (can be set to “Off” or sensitivity level customer selectable)
- Brake light modulation (can be set to “Off” or number of flashes customer selectable)
- Super bright brake light (brightness level customer selectable)
- Center column contains 3 super bright white LEDs with unique flashing pattern (strobe) in brake light mode (can be set to “On” or “Off”)
- Eye-catching progressive amber turn signals

STEVE DANZINGER wrote:
Tim / Easyrider:
I just purchased my new 2013 Silverwing and have 40 miles on her. I'm 79 and this is my first bike. I've printed out the wiring diagram for the bike and it looks straight forward. Tim what is it that you have and I need to wire up the light bar.
What about this "back-off modulator"? How does it work and where do I get one?
I need all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Steve
Back to top Go down
Steve Danzinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 10:50 am

bicyclenut,

Thanks for the detailed information, it really helped me to understand the entire process of adding the light bar and its functions. I'm looking forward to receiving and installing the light bar.

Thanks again,
Steve
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 3:42 pm

Steve,
I would probably have installed the Admore V2 light bar, but it was not available back then. I had the Admore LED light already installed in my GIVI top box which adds brake, turn, and tail lights to my top box. It did not come with a modulator, so I installed the BACKOFF XP modulator to give me the flashing brake lights. Adding the lights to my top box is similar to auto manufacturers adding the top brake light to their automobiles.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.   Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 1:21 pm

There are pictures in my Album of the Admore light bar mounted under the spoiler; it may help you with the wiring.

I used a DenisB connector, chocolate block connector and labelled all the wires before I started.
Back to top Go down

Adding high output LED light bar to the underside of my 2013 Silverwing bracket.
Page 1 of 1