Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 2:56 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi From Liverpool UK

Go down 
+3
Flyingpanman
Cosmic_Jumper
Maxi-lover
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxi-lover
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Maxi-lover

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2016-09-13

Hi From Liverpool UK Empty
PostSubject: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 7:57 pm

I have had my Silverwing a year now, I have added a couple of modifications, I'm looking to add a few more.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 9:27 pm

Welcome to the forum, Maxi-lover

Tim
Back to top Go down
Maxi-lover
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Maxi-lover

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 12:58 am

Thank You
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 5:27 am

Hi Maxi-lover,

Follow the 'N' on the compass and you'll see Morecambe, UK. and me buzzing about.

Welcome to the forum and against-um site (modifications, that is).

Look forward to hearing about your mods and your experiences with them. I've had my Swing about 3 months and 3k miles. Only made my own backrest so far (photos in my personal album). Oh, and some tinted Perspex handlebar brush guards off ebay.

It's about to get 2-pack painted wheels and Metzeler Feel Free Wintec tyres. I might just get a Givi Airflow AF214 screen too. I've got a two-tone horn ready to fit and I'll be upgrading the headlights somehow soon.

Southport Carousel is one of the places near you that I visit sometimes, so maybe we'll meet someday.
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 5:32 am

Hi Maxi-lover and welcome from Essex.
I see you're one of the Maxi Muppets - there's a few on here.
A lot of the members on here like their modifications so I'm sure you'll get some ideas.
I tend to keep things standard mainly because I'm tight and also I tend to nuts things up if I try to improve them. My sole concession to modifying is a laminar lip on the screen and a mud flap!

What mods have you done and what do you have in mind?
Good luck with it all.
I must take a ride up your way. It's a great city and I haven't been there for a few years now.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 5:39 am

Hi again Maxi-lover. I saw your post on Muppets and I'll just say that I am on a forum called LancsBiker.co.uk and we often have meets and rideouts in the Lancs. area. Mainly motorbikes and olde fartes who have retired and like to ride midweek. You don't have to sign up to look in.
Back to top Go down
Maxi-lover
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Maxi-lover

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 5:41 am

Just seen your message, thank you I'll check it out, my first mod was the airflow screen deffo get one you will not regret it Smile
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 8:40 am

Smile Hello & Welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Hello and Welcome from the Land of Lincoln! If I recall correctly, Liverpool was the birthplace of the Beatles. I've never been there, but I appreciate the contribution to music!
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Sod the Beatles, there were so many better groups than them that sadly never got the same publicity, checkout the DaveClarke 5 & the Hollies as a starting point
Back to top Go down
Maxi-lover
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Maxi-lover

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks Kenjj50, 2 of my favourite Liverpool groups are Cast and the Christians, hopefully you have heard of them if not YouTube them class acts.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 5:03 pm

I have to agree with The Bern (hi bud!), I got heartily sick of the Beatles back in the Sixties and the Rolling Stones too. I too liked the Hollies, the Dave Clark 5, and also the Kinks, the Searchers, and the Move, but my all time favourite group of that era was the Byrds, who I still occasionally listen to today. Smile
Back to top Go down
Maxi-lover
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Maxi-lover

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Kenjj50 your welcome message has started something of a musical debate, the Beatles where a great group and are still fantastic to listen to, some of there stuff anyway, I bought a Silverwing instead of an old classic scooter because of many reasons, one being I love new technology, modern things, I'm not one to cling to the past otherwise you miss what's new today, I pretty much have that ethos with most things, Technology, Music, Movies etc, Thanks for the welcome and those bands I sent you Cast are releasing a new album this year Smile
Back to top Go down
Maxi-lover
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Maxi-lover

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 5:34 pm

The Bern I'm sorry I have to disagree Sad about the hollies not getting the publicity they deserved, The Hollies became one of the leading British groups of the 1960s they had 231 weeks on the UK singles charts during the 1960s; the 9th highest of any artist of the decade and into the mid 1970s, they where also Huge on both sides of the Atlantic, I to love the Hollies, there is a lot about how massive they are on Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi From Liverpool UK   Hi From Liverpool UK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi From Liverpool UK
Page 1 of 1