Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from N.W. TN

Go down 
+5
oldwingguy
sonuvabug
Kenjj50
Cosmic_Jumper
Kevin Jackson
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin Jackson
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-08-17

Hello from N.W. TN   Empty
PostSubject: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Greetings and palpitations Laughing
ME: I am in my midlife un-crisis, traded my loud rough teeth rattling Harley XLC1200
in for a slick nice 1 owner Silverwing yesterday. I have actually been lurking around
on this forum for quite some time now. I am of the sort who researches heavily before
making a purchase on something. I am by no means a stranger to forums. Nearly a
10 year member on a couple of them. I spent the last 15 years working in a parts department
at a Massey Ferguson dealership, the last 10 of those 15 years was as the parts department mgr.
I am now currently self employed as a house painter and have more work lined up than I know what
to do with! Laughing I live in the beautiful Land Between the Lakes area of Tennessee.
Looking to move to the east TN mountains sometime in the next 24 months.

My "new" ride: 2008 charcoal metallic grey Silverwing, 1 owner ( retired couple, this was his wife's bike and he owned a ST1100 ) 4,4XX miles at time of purchase. 1 day later at 4600 miles. Cool
New tires, new battery.

The bikes future:
I am unsure of the last oil change as the dealer did say they did NOT
service it as I snapped it up almost the moment it arrived. Wink
So that will be first on the list. I was not really going to replace the slightly discolored
windscreen. It is not in that bad of shape. However!!! Revzilla just so happened to have
ONE blemished GIVI windscreen at a discounted price, so for $80, with free shipping, I could
not pass it up! I already have 3 top cases sitting around, so one of the 3 will end up on the back.
I will make my own mounts for that goofy tail fin that is on there. WHY Honda did not just
put a normal rack back there is beyond me.
One thing that is yet to be decided upon, , , , side panniers / saddle bags.
I will be doing LOTS of long distance traveling on this bike, and will need some.
But exactly what and what style I am not sure of. I will say this: I am very miserly.
I will NOT dump $500 into side panniers. :-D I will find a suitable much cheaper
alternative. I am great at metal fabrication so some custom side brackets will be no
problem if, IF I need to make them. ;-)

You all have a wonderful and blessed day!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Welcome to the forum, Kevin. Best wishes on your new ride.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 7:48 am

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good riders and writers on this site. Take a look at the Accessories and Modifications section of the site. Some interesting ideas on carrying cargo on the SWing. Look forward to your posts.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 10:41 am

Welcome aboard the board Mr. Jackson. It looks like you plan on doing some riding. There are a couple of maxi-scooter Rallies you may be interested in coming up in September ... actually two of them.

The STO (Skoot The Ozarks) Rally based out of Eureka Springs AR and the Maxi-Scooter Rally based out of Hungry Mother State Park, Marion VA this year. You might want to check them out if you want to connect with other passionate maxi-scooter riders.

I've attended both Rallies and unfortunately, both are the same week this year so we chose to attend the Marion VA based Rally this time around. Just google either and it will take you to their respective websites. Keep the rubber bits down! ~ BugJr ~
Back to top Go down
Kevin Jackson
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 3:28 pm

I am trying to find the "Thanks" button but it seems to elude me, so , THANKS to all the welcoming replies. Smile
I have September booked solid with work. Only have time for short 1 day Sunday and maybe 1 or 2 Saturday rides. But in October I am headed over to the great smokey mountains and will be meeting up with a couple of you tube members. will be taking hwy 32 and hopefully at least some part of the
Blue Ridge Parkway. Smile
thanks again to all.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Welcome aboard from o-HI-o.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 11:28 pm

Welcome to one of the best S/W Forums. Massey Ferguson I haven't heard that name since leaving Wisconsin fifty years ago.
Good luck and in joy your new ride. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 1:51 am

Kevin,
Welcome to this great forum. Some members have fabricated a HF trailer with a lockable storage box. This would make it easier to access under seat storage. I know you want to do it in the cheap, but the trailer will always yours. It opens up other options when traveling. You can choose to camp, or room in a motel/hotel. Tell us what mods you decide for your ride. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Jackson
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 9:28 am

Easyrider wrote:
.................. Some members have fabricated a HF trailer with a lockable storage box.....................

I am thinking about that option if I need that much space. It is a good idea, and a read
an article where someone made one using a roof rack carrier and put it on a HF trailer.
The had to mod the trailer & axle some. It was repainted blue. They then redone the
trailer once more and painted it orange to pull behind their Goldwing.
I hope that I will not be needing that much cargo room. But that is an option.
Thanks!
And again thanks to all for the warm welcome. From what I can tell so far, this is a mostly
DRAMA FREE forum, and that is what I like.
Life is SHORT. Too short to be spent get'N all worked up & upset over stupid little things and/or
differences in personal opinions! Rolling Eyes
Ride on and live with love in your heart always! small moped
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 11:23 am

Hey Kevin,

Memphis area guy here, I ride out to Nashville all the time, probably going to be doing a IronButt sometime soon on the Silverwing, nice to have you here!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from N.W. TN   510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Kevin Jackson wrote:
I am trying to find the "Thanks" button but it seems to elude me, so , THANKS to all the welcoming replies.  Smile    

Kevin,

The thanks option is the little plus sign (+) to the upper right of each person's post. A group thank you also works. There is also a negative sign (=), but since everone on this forum is so nice and agreeable, it is seldom used. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from N.W. TN    Hello from N.W. TN   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from N.W. TN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: