Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Fuel Injection Warning Light ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gildo~X
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-08-03

Fuel Injection Warning Light ? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 8:48 pm

I hope I have the question style figured out here... I recently bought a 2007 SW. Been loving it for about 6 weeks now. Monday last, (8/1) I got some flashing of the FI warning lamp, (3 flashes), right after it had stalled in a low speed/revs turn to the left. It started right back up. But I noticed some mild "missing" in the engine.

Today, I started out with 4oz of SeaFoam as I had bought gas Sunday evening after a nice long ride, and I was guessing I'd got a shot of H2O. I rode about 6 or 7 miles, to the next town, had a cold one, and some 99 cent tacos. Rode it home and everything was ok... a tiny bit rough running but no error lights... until I was pulling into my driveway. It's now blinking 8 times, a pause, and repeat.

I don't have a FSM, so I wondering if anyone might know what the 8 blinks message is, or could kindly look it up.

I've scanned the other postings and wasn't able to find any answer, if I missed one please let me know that as well.

Thanks in advance, Gill
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 10:29 pm

According to my manual, 8 blinks = TP sensor circuit malfunction = loose or poor contact on TP sensor connector / Open or short circuit in TP sensor wire / faulty TP sensor

good luck
Back to top Go down
Gildo~X
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Thanks Gremlin! I have someplace to start now. Good Night.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 4:36 am

My last Silver wing was a 2007 model. The FI light came on once on me, I wish I had gone to the dealer and got it checked out. Nothing happened for awhile then headlight bulb went, then afew weeks later sidelight went a little later Main 30amp fuse blew. Main fuse blew at least three times after that. I could not trust the bike. As I was ready for changing for a new bike, I never got it sorted but, if it ever happens on this bike I would be straight to the Honda dealer for an electric circuit check
Back to top Go down
Gildo~X
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 7:57 am

Thanks Old Limey... Wilco.
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:13 am

Check your battery connections. A loose connection will cause this.
Back to top Go down
Gildo~X
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 1:53 pm

Will Do Modenman.
Back to top Go down
Gildo~X
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Good News!  So, Saturday I finally had some time to devote to The Scoot.  I stripped all the body parts aft of the front shield, removed the battery, and cleaned everything up with Armor All, changed the spark plugs, and broke all the connections, to inspect/clean as needed.  (No cleaning was needed).  Put it all back together, and I have to say, most of my experience is working on cars, (although I've had a chinese scoot... and rebuilt a couple of Cushmans in the 80's) and I have never worked on anything that the parts fit so fine coming apart and going back together.  The cast aluminum "bridge" on the rear of the frame is ingenious, along with the rear "hand grip" all to stiffen the upper frame.  I am seriously impressed!  I fixed a couple of the side panel alignment pins that had been epoxyed by a P.O.  Shined her all up and it runs fine.  (knock wood).

My intellectual side says that removing the "cig lighter" that had been added into the trunk, or rebooting the ECU, no doubt helped.

My intuitive side says she was just "lookin' for some lovin'".

I know now that I'll have to redo the repairs a P.O. did to some cracks in the side panels, but I'm planning to do that in the off season.  Does anyone know if they make replacement alignment pins?

Well that's it.  Thanks everyone.
Happy Trails.
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 12:28 pm

I've used a product called Plastex. It is powdered plastic that uses a solvent that comes with the kit to repair and recreate small plastic parts. Seems to be the same stuff the painted white plastic parts are made of. So it doesn't just stick one piece to another but rather incorporates it into the existing plastic. I've done repairs to my Reflex scooters recreating tabs and fixing cracks and the repairs have not failed. I don't think they make alignment pins since they are already a part of the plastic panels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Injection Warning Light ?   Fuel Injection Warning Light ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel Injection Warning Light ?
Page 1 of 1