Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability

Go down 
+3
steve_h80
Mech 1 twa
arskal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
arskal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
arskal

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-07-13

Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability Empty
PostSubject: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi all.

Yesterday I got 10000 km to the odometer with Bridgestone Battlax SC2 tyres.
Tread remaining yet on rear 3,70mm and front 3,65mm. These tyres are very durability. The grip of the tires has never failed, yet. :-D They are still good to drive. I highly recommend these tires.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm

Sounds like a great tire. Are they wearing evenly? Looks like a nice tire.

Not sold over here in US. US. tire choices are getting fewer. Michelin making a new City Grip 2 but can't buy one here either.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 9:01 pm

Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability City_j10 City Grip2

Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability Sc210
Bridgestone Battlax SC2    Not in US. in SW sizes   Maybe someday soon.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 2:52 am

I wish I could get that kind of mileage, I'm on my 3rd Battleaxe and they are squared off and down to the central wear marks 3500 miles. Other makes do no better for me before anyone asks.
The front seems to be lasting (nearly 10k) although the right shoulder is starting to go now.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Bridgestone Hoops on mine.  Got around 5000 miles on the rear and it was squared off quite badly.  Front one still has lots of mileage yet.  Personally I've never felt confident with the Bridgestones.  I fitted a City Grip 2 to the rear just before lockdown so only did around 50 miles but seemed good on first impressions.  Bike been standing in the garage since.  Intend going out tomorrow all being well Laughing
Back to top Go down
Silverwingdays
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2017-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 5:28 pm

Hi Steve I seem to be able to just about squeeze 5000 out of a rear city grip, it was 4000 with an SC pure Michelin. But not as comfortable and very line following.

But you should get a good 8000 from a Bridgestone Hoop rear I think.

I`m going to try a Pirelli Angel SC on the rear next time, good things willing etc.

Did you happen to notice terrier if the City grip 2 was a soft and comfy as the usual older City Grip please.

I think its the naff UK roads and lots of corners finish off our tyre`s too quickly.

To get 5K out of a city grip I`m down almost past the tread. They don`t square mind you, or mine never did.
Attachments
Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability Attachmentangel SC.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(75 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by Silverwingdays on Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 5:36 pm

I think it is near impossible to compare the mileage that you get between different riders and countries. I ride nearly exclusively on twisty roads that are finished with chip-seal; grippy but very abrasive. On my ST1300 I'm lucky to see 8000km from a rear tyre, even one of the much-vaunted hih mileage specials like the Pilot Road 4 GT. Having said that, I have a local friend with the same bike and tyres and he easily gets double what I do, which says a lot about our relative riding styles...
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 5:39 pm

Silverwingdays......never had the original City Grip so can't compare the two.
Back to top Go down
Silverwingdays
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Well the original City grip feels quite soft and very flexible.

Its kept me going as helps so much at the rear, crash, bang, and wallop wise. Or helping to reduce that a little.

Hoping the new shocks do now as well.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Silverwingdays wrote:

Well the original City grip feels quite soft and very flexible.

Its kept me going as helps so much at the rear, crash, bang, and wallop wise. Or helping to reduce that a little.

Hoping the new shocks do now as well.

I certainly wouldn't describe the City Grip 2 as soft and very flexible. It was a b$%**r to fit Mad
Back to top Go down
Silverwingdays
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Looks like they have changed them then, as the old one was a very easy fit, very soft etc.

Better try to buy an old one or two.

Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Murf
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Murf

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 9:00 am

In florida we have very oily roads when it rains. The Bridgestone tires don't do very well at stopping in the rain for me. Michelin's tires are the only thing Ill run on all my bikes. Rubber Side Down and fantastic wet weather traction. Saved my life a few times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability   Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bridgestone Battlax SC2 durability
Page 1 of 1