Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Washington

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

Hello from Washington Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Washington   Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 11:19 am

Hello. I just joined this forum as I decided to buy a Silverwing. I ride a Goldwing, but the step through design of the Silverwing and the under the seat storage is ideal for a urban motorcycle. I got a good deal on a 2006 with 7,000 miles for $900. (previous owner had a slow tip over so there is some damage to the front right fairing and the muffler cover.) Hardly a bother for me.

I am surprised at how fast this bike can be.

The bike has a Corbin seat on it. However, the shock to the seat is missing. Does anyone know the size of it? It is different from the stock seat shock, as I was given the stock seat and shock, but it doesn't work with the Corbin.

I changed the fluids and need to put some new tires on it as those are the original tires on the bike. Since this bike has cast wheels, I am considering a car tire on the rear. I have some time to research it here and would consider other silverwing owners opinions.

This Silverwing does have a trailer hitch on it. I won't be towing anything with this bike so I will probably make it available for sale in the near future.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Hello from Washington    Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 11:38 am

Hello and welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you made a good buy providing there is not excessive damage and you can ride it the way it is. With a little research you will find the answer to most of your questions here. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Washington   Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Silver is an appropriate color for a Silver Wing.  Bet it's pretty even with a couple scrapes.  Sounds like you got quite a deal, too. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Washington   Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Bash On! wrote:
Silver is an appropriate color for a Silver Wing.  Bet it's pretty even with a couple scrapes.  Sounds like you got quite a deal, too.  Welcome!

Thank you for your welcome.

It looks big compared to the PCX125 but then small compared to the Goldwing.

I am going to patch the few scars on the tupperware and match up the silver paint. I already found a good chrome muffler cover to replace the damaged one.

I also found a Givi Top Box on the cheap and a used Givi adjustable windshield as well. The windshield is installed and the Givi Box will be this weekend.

Back to top Go down
ScottO
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ScottO

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Washington   Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Welcome to the forum. The Silverwing makes for an excellent ride during our Northwest rainy season. bounce Razz
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Washington   Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 10:53 pm

You're among good company here, several of ex-Goldwingers.
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Washington   Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 12:52 am

exavid wrote:
You're among good company here, several of ex-Goldwingers.

Thank you.

I will be an ex goldwinger some day. But for now, I am a grateful member of the GWRRA and I like to travel to see this country on the seat of my Wing.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Washington   Hello from Washington I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 2:20 pm

I heartily recommend you do so. My best trip on my GW was riding coast to coast with two friends. It ended up being a three week 6000+ mile odyssey. I've owned all models of the GW from GL1000 to GL1800 and still think they are the greatest highway bike ever built.

There comes a time when it becomes necessary to downsize and a maxi scooter like the SW is a great way to do it. I've made a few 500+ mile trips on the two SWs, one Burgman 650 and now my 650GT and find they to be almost as good for long rides. Not quite of course but surprisingly comfortable and able despite their lighter weight and smaller engine. They also have the advantage of being much more able and handy in daily use in towns and running errands. The big GW is like handling a barge in town in comparison. For several years I had both a Goldwing and a Silverwing. That was the best of all worlds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Washington   Hello from Washington I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Washington
Page 1 of 1