Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Newbie To Forum

Go down 
+3
Art
Cosmic_Jumper
chazman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chazman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-05-07

Newbie To Forum  Empty
PostSubject: Newbie To Forum    Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 8:29 am

Hi Everybody,
My wife and I are about to do something that decidedly seems like swimming upstream in today's world... we're selling our house, pursuing complete debt freedom, and "de-materializing" to a few, treasured possessions to live our remaining years simply and free from the entanglements of the ever-growing mountains of material possessions with which we tend to surround ourselves.

We had to put a 1981 Goldwing GL1100 to bed last year, and we have settled on purchasing a new Silverwing right after we close on the sale of our home June 1st. I love everything I've read about them so far, and think it'll be a bike that will suit our needs to a "T". To give some perspective, we have lived in beautiful Grand Marais, MN (right next to the north pole) for the last 17 years, and we intend to move to the gulf coast of Florida within 2 years. Originally, I had planned to get a Forza, but I've come to believe it might fall short for longer distance 2-up riding and occasional freeway stints. Sounds like the Silverwing is a better choice. Plus, I go well over 200 pounds, and I don't want to overmatch a bike, or feel it is always pushing its limits.

Anyway, I'm a Honda guy through and through, having started years ago with a CB900 Custom. I loved my Goldwing, and probably would've headed in that direction, but I think the Silverwing hits a sweet spot for us. We love slow, deliberate cruising the backroads, and purring along without shifting, etc., sounds really fun.

Since I'm new to this bike (heck, I don't have one yet), I'll probably have lots of questions, but my experience is that forum members are typically gracious and knowledgeable. So, thanks in advance. Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Newbie To Forum  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie To Forum    Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 9:20 am

Welcome to the forum Chazman.

While the Forza is a great scoot you are right in thinking that it would not be a good fit for two-up freeway riding.

Isn't Grand Marais the heart of the Scandinavian Riviera?

Tim
Back to top Go down
chazman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-05-07

Newbie To Forum  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie To Forum    Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 10:21 am

Yes, Cosmic, we like to think of it that way... when our brains thaw out enough to form coherent thoughts. I shouldn't complain, there are a good 15 or 20 minutes of summer here and it is hard to beat. The rest of the year, however, is just too freakin' cold for me. Maybe it's the aging process, but I can't bear it much longer.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts about the Forza vs Swing decision. I really like everything I've read about the Forza, but I'd rather fault on the side of more rather than less.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

Newbie To Forum  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie To Forum    Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 11:40 am

Welcome from Texas
I think you'll be happy with the S wing, and it's a good bunch on here
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

Newbie To Forum  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie To Forum    Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Welcome from Illinois! I think you made a good choice on your scooter. The SWing is spacious, comfortable, and has plenty of power for interstates. It's a great bike for around town or cross country. Lots of great riders and writers on this website. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Newbie To Forum  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie To Forum    Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 6:44 am

Welcome to the best SWing site on the net chazman.

You ought to move way down here. We have two, sometimes three, weeks of summer here. But when you add in the rain and thunder storms it's not all that much more time on two wheels.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Newbie To Forum  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie To Forum    Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 9:41 am

Welcome from o-HI-o, this is THE place Smile
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ozzman

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2015-03-27

Newbie To Forum  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie To Forum    Newbie To Forum  I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 11:44 am

Welcome from whose there land.

Did you see the auroras last night?

Videos from there looked awesome.
Back to top Go down

Newbie To Forum
Page 1 of 1