Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing Empty
PostSubject: Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing   Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:41 am

Hi,

I'm JeffR and own a 2007 Honda Silver Wing. I bought it in March '07 and have 18,900 miles on it now. I think it is a great bike and I refer to it as a Touring Scooter instead of a Maxi-Scooter. It is very comfortable, smooth, and powerful and expect to have this bike for a long time. Cool

Ride safe,,

JeffR
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing   Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:39 am

Hi, I'm ramblin5 (Paul) and bought my wife her '07 Swing back in February. She has put 8000 miles on it with trips to Maggie Valley, Myrtle Beach and getting ready for this year's Daytona Bike Week. When rigged with her CB and mp3 player I think she can ride forever.

Since her Swing I've purchased a couple of Burgman 400's (and resold) as well as another Swing, Reflex and Majesty. For a person who is not going to do much touring I think the Burgman is the best buy - love the way it sits lower, already has the 12 volt adapter installed and a little more glove box storage - and it gets up and goes! But over all, I don't think any scoot can touch the Swing for overall functionality, handling, reliability and holding it's resale value. It seems to retain it's value about 20% better than the Burgman 650. Looking forward to seeing the success of this forum.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing   Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:30 am

Hi Paul,

Thanks for joining and it seems you are having fun with these bigger scoots that I call Touring Scooters. I have had the Reflex and Majesty and now the SWing and I have to say they are all great scoots. The SWing is a comfortable bike as was the Majesty on the interstate too. Again, thanks for joining and post some pics in the Album Section.

Ride safe,

JeffR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Owner of 2007 SW   Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 1:07 pm

I learned to ride a scooter when I was 9. I got a Reflex when I was 17 and my first SW when I was 19. I totaled the first SW (a 2004) after having it for about 18 months and it had 33500 miles on it. I then got a 2007 SW which is almost 2 years old now. It has about 13000 miles on it. Now I am 23 and after the last 6 years of riding, I have ridden a little over 50000 miles. Now that I finally learned to drive a car, my bike has moved too much. I went to California on my SW in June 2005 and then have made a few trips to Missiouri on the SW. I use my bike to commute to and from school. It is awesome! I have a CB radio and heated gear. I think that is enough of my life story for now.
Katie in Arkansas
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing   Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:31 pm

Thanks for joining Katie. I have read your posts on the Yahoo site for awhile now. You sure do put a lot of miles on your SWing. Please post some pics if you have time in the Album section. Also, have you done many mods yet?

Ride safe,

JeffR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Paul from Arizona   Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Hi all,
I'm Paul from Prescott AZ. and have a 2004 Silver Wing with 22,222 miles on it. I enjoy tricking it out almost as much as i do riding it and have lots of mods on it. You can see a few of my mods at the following site. http://paulscooter.webs.com/apps/photos/album.jsp?albumID=1642301

A list of a few of the mods I've done;
Malossi Variator 2002
Leo Vince Exhaust system
ClearView windshield
Wig Wag brake modulator and headlight modulator
AM/FM/CD remote control radio
Air Horns
Hard trunk and side bags
Radar detector
Leg shields
LED side reflectors

Paul_scooter
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing   Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Welcome Paul,

You have a nice site to look at all the things you've done to your SWing. We have a member here, David, that has sidebags too on his Swing. We are planning a Bay Area Rally this coming year, 2009, maybe you can make it this year or future rally's. Nice bike.

Ride safe,

JeffR
Back to top Go down
DenGraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DenGraham

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Newbie to    Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:35 pm

We used to own a 750 Honda back in the 80's but our daughter was complaining about being sandwiched between my wife and myself. So, we sold the bike and bought a pc...but that's another story.
We just retired this summer and a dozen people in our community said we must buy a scooter. Man, I had no idea a scooter was as big as my 750 and loads of fun. We purchaed a 2006 on the web and have ridden four or five times before the cold weather closed us down. So, now I'm ready to order goodies like a windshield, new helmets, wireless communication, etc. Any suggestions?
Thanks to Jeff for a new site.
>> Dennis
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing   Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Dennis,

Thanks for joining and I hope everyone likes this site. As for your question about a windshield I have the Clearview now and am getting the Givi from Santa Claus very very soon. Laughing If you can wait a week I will be giving a comparison of the 2. I like the Clearview but if you go fast or there is a strong headwind my Clearview flex's pretty good.

I will also post the pics of installing the Clearview and the Givi. As for the SWing being a great scoot, I also have ridden M/C's and really like this SWing too. Please post some pics in the Album if you get a chance and post anytime.

Ride safe,

JeffR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 2007 SW   Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:56 am

No I haven't done any mods-except for a CB radio on the bike. The SW is perfect, needs no mods. lol Oh yeah--I have a corbin seat too!
Katie in AR

JeffR wrote:
Thanks for joining Katie. I have read your posts on the Yahoo site for awhile now. You sure do put a lot of miles on your SWing. Please post some pics if you have time in the Album section. Also, have you done many mods yet?

Ride safe,

JeffR
Back to top Go down

Owner of a 2007 Honda Silver Wing
Page 1 of 1