Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tupperware removal chart

Go down 
+3
Meldrew
Gustafa
Crustycrutch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2016-01-07

Tupperware removal chart Empty
PostSubject: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:21 pm

I was casually leafing through my lovely Honda Workshop Manual when I came across a small chart which attempts to show the proper sequence for removing all the body panels. I know I'm being thick but can someone explain the diagram (in simple terms) at all? I can't seem to work out where to start tongue
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:01 am

Very interested as well. Wish I had the manual. Grrrrr.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:24 am

It seems simple enough in my shiny new Honda Manual, 2-1 is the Body Panel Removal Chart and the order they should be removed, 2-0 shows the Body Panel Locations and a list of where the relevant pages are for removing them e.g. (7) Rear Under Cover (page 2-6).

Now my nice new Honda Manual is going back into the garage.

Gustafa lad, you can get hold of the same Manual quicker and for less money than we pay in the UK.

Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 2:18 pm

I'm not sure I understand that chart either... However, I've found that you just go to the page that has the panel removal instructions you want and they will in turn instruct you individually on what other work, if any, needs to be done first.
Back to top Go down
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:19 am

On enforced break from work this week so I thought I'd whip all my plastics off - no real reason other than curosity and boredom - I actually enjoy it Rolling Eyes
Anyway, my first comment is that the tupperware is pretty complex but doable if one follows the Manual. However, my 2015/16 bike has a few extra fixings here and there so presumably there were some changes made over time - bear in mind if using the original manual as I am.

Second comment, there is apparent wear to some of the wiring loom runs in several places - I've taped/tie wrapped them. I'm thinking this could be the cause of vibration or panel rattle on take off but we'll see.

Third comment, some of the panel clips underneath are quite rusty already (3k miles on the bike) so I've cleaned and applied ACF50 to the clips and all fasteners. 

Final comment, there is evidence of cracked paint and rust at three of the welds on the frame rails - nothing a blob of rust killer, black paint and ACF50 wont fix.

While in there, I installed the Oxford heated grips running the cables neatly up through the frame. All in all an entertaining and useful day in the garage cheers
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:47 am

Any special body panel tools needed?  In a quick visual comparison of my two different 2013 Honda scooters, the Silver Wing seems to make more use of screws and the PCX150 uses more pop or press fit connectors.
Back to top Go down
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Nothing special. Couple of Allen keys, screwdrivers, sockets and a tool for pushing pin clips in - i use a blunt dental pick. Bit fiddly at times especially with awkward panel tabs.
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Thanks! Admire that you went ahead and did that. I should also take mine apart (to install a radio) but we're already in the "too hot to work in the garage season." Heat index pushing 110 degrees F today!
Back to top Go down
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:31 pm

Now thats useful. I'm hopefully going to be in Dallas this time next year for a conference so I'll make sure to pack my mankini sunny
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Crustycrutch wrote:
All in all an entertaining and useful day in the garage cheers

Did you remove ALL the tupperware, fit heated grips and refit ALL the tupperware in a day ?  I'm impressed  Exclamation

Den  small moped
Back to top Go down
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:59 pm

Started early, worked methodically (tip - use egg cartons for the individual panel fasteners), Radio 2 on in background and large coffee jug. Hardest part? Getting the nuts on the seat studs while holding it up using my head!
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:13 am

Crustycrutch wrote:
Now thats useful. I'm hopefully going to be in Dallas this time next year for a conference so I'll make sure to pack my mankini sunny

Do holler if you're in town and want some good Texas BBQ--you'll have to wear something more than a mankini, though. Shocked
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 9:35 am

Crustycrutch wrote:
I was casually leafing through my lovely Honda Workshop Manual when I came across a small chart which attempts to show the proper sequence for removing all the body panels. I know I'm being thick but can someone explain the diagram (in simple terms) at all? I can't seem to work out where to start tongue

I too looked and thought wonder what they were thinking, I've seen these before but this one seems to be lacking the arrow part, it flowed but altogether.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tupperware removal chart   Tupperware removal chart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tupperware removal chart
Page 1 of 1