Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:21 am

» New member from Europe
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

you can turn better with but off butt-rest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

you can turn better with but off butt-rest Empty
PostSubject: you can turn better with but off butt-rest   you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:55 pm

I 've been cruising with my but on the butt rest for a while and decided to corner turns without leaning on the but rest, sure corners better
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: you can turn better with but off butt-rest   you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:34 pm

I've not experimented a great deal with trying to turn w/butt off of the rest. But I've found that the farther back I sit, the better I can control the bike and can also ride more aggressively. I have the butt stop back as far as it can go. This has made a difference for me (The added leg room also a +). Sometimes, I also try to counter balance to varying degrees or keep my body as upright as possible when leaning the bike to increase lean angle and improve my corner. However, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it as I am usually more focused on enjoyment. But.... every once in a while..... you can turn better with but off butt-rest 73828 It's fun to rock on' the swing. This is especially true with all the wonderful roads I have nearby in N.E. TN.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: you can turn better with but off butt-rest   you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:37 am

To ride a curve faster getting your center of gravity lower helps by reducing thye bike's lean at a given speed. Leaning forward, toward the turn or both will stand the bike up a bit more at a given speed. That's why motorcycle racers slip off the seat into the turn and ride the curve with their knee almost on the road, it gets the CG lower and in toward the curve which helps keep the bike from scraping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: you can turn better with but off butt-rest   you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:48 pm

I guess I'm not turning that fast!!! LOL I like being fairly upright and really using that counter steering. At slow speeds I almost lean the opposite way to keep a good balance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you can turn better with but off butt-rest   you can turn better with but off butt-rest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

you can turn better with but off butt-rest
Page 1 of 1