Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Workshop / Service Manuals

Go down 
+12
steve_h80
cornishtrailsloth
Art
exavid
bicyclenut
Meldrew
Tommo
Tone
terrier
Cosmic_Jumper
oldgwingguy
lenseonlife
16 posters
AuthorMessage
lenseonlife
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-04-13

Workshop / Service Manuals Empty
PostSubject: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 7:15 am

Hi,

Surprising as this may seem - I've tried 2 dealers and a number of on-line stores (in Ireland) and no one knows what I am talking about (maybe that is really not all that surprising when I sit down and think about it!).

Have had a look here on the forum as well and tried the links:

http://www.storesonline.com/ brought me to http://www.storesonlinepro.com/ which has nothing to do with bikes
http://www.emanualonline.com/Motorbikes/Honda.htm doesn't do the Silverwing
http://www.sell.com/23Z9CM has been suspended
http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/assets/OWNERLINK/model/own_man/powersports/2005/2005_FSC600D_A.pdf is for the 'Owners Manual' or 'Owners Handbook' as we call it here.
Haynes - no luck there either

I've found German and French scans of the manual online - but not a linguist and would prefer to buy an official copy rather than a bootleg.

Found a reference on eBay to 'Honda Shop Manual FJS600 Silver Wing' which has been sold - so at least I now know what to call it - Is this the one that other people use?

Cheers for now,
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 7:56 am

That's it.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 8:46 am

There are quite a few Honda FSC600 Factory/Shop Service Manuals listed on eBay here in the US. They are priced between  ~$30 to over $100USD. AFAIK there are only minor differences between the FSC and FJS versions. The mechanical basics are, pretty much, all the same, and the manuals are not year-specific. There was a change in the 2008 FSC version when Honda added an O2 sensor to the exhaust and changed the ECM and wire harness as well.

So given that you have a 2004 Silverwing you wouldn't go wrong by purchasing any Manual (FSM) for 2004 and beyond. The newer the FSM the more up to date the information.

Tim
Back to top Go down
lenseonlife
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Amazingly the dealers in Ireland still tell me that they are available on-line and don't seem to be any way inclined to order one for me - very frustrating! Rolling Eyes

I've sourced the FSC600 on eBay and it should be winging its way to me from the US of A in the very near future.

Thanks for pointers, :arrow:

Regards,
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re manual   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi.....I've just got a manual from here http://www.service-shop-repair-manual.com/ Cost me $50 including shipping to England and took less than a week. Great service.

Den
Back to top Go down
Tone
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tone

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 3:32 am

Workshop manual on e-bay UK for £25 or offers + £3.50 postage.
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 4:49 am

Tone wrote:
Workshop manual on e-bay UK for £25 or offers + £3.50 postage.

Have you got the item number of that, I can't find it on ebay.

Or post link if you can.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 6:10 am

I think that's the same early FJS Silver Wing workshop manual that was on eBay UK a few weeks ago and eventually sold for £45 plus the £3.50 postage.
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 6:57 am

Meldrew wrote:
I think that's the same early FJS Silver Wing workshop manual that was on eBay UK a few weeks ago and eventually sold for £45 plus the £3.50 postage.

They seem as rare as Rocking Horse Doo Doo.
I have found the German and French ones, looks like I will have to take a Language course.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:02 am

I found one here for $30US, shipped quickly and if I recall it covers all years, 2002-2013, some pages specify the difference between models for procedures and diagrams.

http://www.service-shop-repair-manual.com/2002-2013-honda-fsc600-fsc600a-silverwing-part-61mct11-service-shop-repair-manual/

Silverwing shop manual
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 12:27 pm

By coincidence I ordered a manual from that seller earlier today, and have had an email from them saying it's already been shipped. I really should have ordered one ages ago like a couple of the UK members already have. I'm getting to the stage now where I really need a proper manual to refer to if I want to do anything more technical than the basic servicing and fluid changes I have been doing.

When tatty old  oily fingered FJS Silver Wing repair manuals appear on eBay UK there seems to be a lot of customers watching them, and they go for far more than they're really worth. That's because there's lots of other ads from US based sellers offering FSC Silver Wing repair manuals for sale for $60 to $80 plus $30 to $40 postage, there's one ad for the same manual I ordered today and it's a ridiculous $139.95!

The $30 plus $20 postage from service-shop-repair-manual.com converts to about £33, so the tatty used ones from 2001 that come up on eBay for a starting price of £25 aren't so attractive.

This has nothing at all to do with repairer manuals from the US but I had an envelope through the post today from the bloke in Sedona, AZ that sells the Super-Visor, containing a new lift kit for my Super-Visor peak.  After swapping it between open face and flip front helmets for the last six years or so, the latches on the four lifters were getting past their best and one of them was ready to break off so I needed replacements. Pretty good service too, they took just over a week to arrive.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:17 am

Helm Inc. Reprints Honda service manuals under license from Honda. They are original quality, I've purchased several for the GL1100, through the GL1800 as well as for the Silverwing. They don't give them away but they're the best money one can spend on their scooter. They've come up in price in the past few years but they're also brand new, no torn or dirty pages.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=AHC&Make=AHC&Model=FSC+&Year=2006&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia=

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 5:31 am

Thanks for the link but their Silver Wing manual is twice the price of the one I ordered, and by the time the cost of shipping to the UK is added, it's expensive for a manual that a lot of owners might only occasionally use.

I've had an email from the seller of the manual I ordered saying postage is more than he anticipated but no matter, and a photo of the package with my home address on. ( I'm tracking it and it's currently at the USPS facility in Eastern Nassau NY ) He hopes I'll spread the word to others about his manuals by recommendation and on forums, that's fine with me. Other UK forum members have mentioned buying from him and passed on the info ( thanks  Smile  ) and I hope I'm able to do the same.

Last edited by Meldrew on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Thanks for the link but their Silver Wing manual is twice the price of the one I ordered, and by the time the cost of shipping to the UK is added, it's expensive for a manual that a lot of owners might only occasionally use.

I've had an email from the seller of the manual I ordered saying postage is more than he anticipated but no matter, and a photo of the package with my home address on. ( I'm tracking it and it's currently at the USPS facility in Eastern Nassau NY ) He hopes I'll spread the word to other about his manuals by recommendation and on forums, that's fine with me. Other UK forum members have mentioned buying from him and passed on the info ( thanks  Smile  ) and I hope I'm able to do the same.

When myself and another SWing owner friend ordered manuals from him he told us exactly the same story about the cost of the postage.  It must be part of his script I think Rolling Eyes  Other than that it was very good service and a great manual for the price.  Highly recommended to any other forum member.

Den
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Thanks for that, I really should have ordered a manual ages ago after reading that you and a few other UK members had used this seller and recommending his service. I think Leroy Beal's web pages disappearing finally convinced me I needed a manual. Smile
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 11:41 am

based on these recommendations I have also ordered from him
$7 shipping, I wonder if he'll jack that up later? (flat rate box that size was $7 approximately last I checked)
Back to top Go down
cornishtrailsloth
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2016-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Now $35 dollars plus $36 postage!
but can't find it cheaper so had to take it on the chin (£60) , so used to just getting the Haynes.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 4:49 pm

I ordered mine through ebay in pdf format. Once payment went through via paypal the seller sent me a download link.
I then printed out a copy because I find a hard copy easier to use in the garage, when the oily thumb strikes I'll just reprint the poluted pages.
I think it cost about £20.
Back to top Go down
cliffyk
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
cliffyk

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 10:16 am

I have a PDF file of the 2002 - 2013 Silver Wing Service Manual (77.3 MB)

Send me a PM for the download link and ZIP file password...
Back to top Go down
amg65
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
amg65

Registration date : 2021-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 10:24 am

Hi guys,

new to the forum and still can't use PM. can anyone kindly send me a link to download the service manual (workshop manual) in English?

thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 11:39 am

You need to have a minimum of 5 posts before you can PM. So keep posting and you’ll get there soon enough.

You could start off by telling us about yourself, etc in the Introduction section.
Back to top Go down
amg65
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
amg65

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 12:30 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
You need to have a minimum of 5 posts before you can PM. So keep posting and you’ll get there soon enough.

You could start off by telling us about yourself, etc in the Introduction section.

Thanks Cosmic_Jumper.
Back to top Go down
amg65
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
amg65

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 12:24 pm

cliffyk wrote:

Hi Cliffyk,

kindly can you send me the link to download the service manual?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 3:57 pm

amg65 wrote:
cliffyk wrote:

Hi Cliffyk,

kindly can you send me the link to download the service manual?

Ahmed, Cliffyk hasn’t checked in here since July 2020. You might be better off contacting him via email. Enter his name in Members then click on Contact and send him an email. If you put Silverwing600 as the subject of your email it might catch his attention and not get sent to spam.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 5:14 pm

I found a service manual at the Silverwing owners Facebook page. Here is a link to my Dropbox copy:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcdcpxkyuauh44x/Honda%202002-2013%20Honda%20Silverwing%20Service%20Manual.pdf?dl=0
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 5:42 pm

Terry, what is this infidel scooter on your avatar?
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 5:56 pm

Forgive me Tim, for I have sinned. I had a garage clear-out and sold my then-current fleet of the ST1300, VTR1000F and the Swing, to fund the purchase of my newish Yamaha MT-10SP. Subsequent discussions with my wife resulted in an agreement to get another scooter; she's not fond of speed but we had had some epic low-speed local adventures on my previous Vespa Sprint, so a few weeks back I bought another Vespa. It is a 150cc Primavera from 2019 with low km.

However...as I accumulated a fair bit of know-how with my Swing rebuild and ownership over about 5000km, I feel like I can occasionally contribute here. I find it interesting (or illuminative) how members of different forums have different topic interests. Swing riders seem to share quite a bit with ST1300 riders, both are riding old but well-built bikes that can rack up the km but then need TLC to keep at their best, so there's good know-how about maintenance and fault fixes. Disappointingly, MT-10 owners have a passion for wheelies and loud pipes...

Last edited by Terry Smith on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 6:55 pm

We’re all good here Terry. Your additions to the conversations here have always been top notch. Damn, I hate to lose you.

Hey, would you have any good photos of that bizarre character from NZ who was rather known for piloting a Silverwing? Something with his Silverwing which could grace the cover of our esteemed forum? If memory serves he could have been a Mayor or PM or some such.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 6:59 pm

Sorry Tim, I don't have a clue who you may be referring to. there's no shortage of bizarre characters here (especially our public figures) but I don't know of any who are known for riding a Swing.
Back to top Go down
amg65
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
amg65

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2021 11:57 am

[quote="Terry Smith"]I found a service manual at the Silverwing owners Facebook page. Here is a link to my Dropbox copy:

Thanks a lot Terry, you really made my day.
Really appreciate it. Workshop / Service Manuals 1f60d
Back to top Go down
Dogrich
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2021-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 12:42 pm

amg65 wrote:
Terry Smith wrote:
I found a service manual at the Silverwing owners Facebook page. Here is a link to my Dropbox copy:

Thanks a lot Terry, you really made my day.
Really appreciate it. Workshop / Service Manuals 1f60d

Yes, this is awesome! I grabbed it, too!

Thanks Terry!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Workshop / Service Manuals   Workshop / Service Manuals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Workshop / Service Manuals
Page 1 of 1