Hi Girls and Boys
Just thought I would tell you a few things about my ownership and a few jobs that are coming up that I really must do! I bought my 2008 Swing in November 2012 as a present to myself as I was just about leave the RAF after 37 years disloyal service! The Swing was pretty much immaculate having only one previous owner and covered just 2300 miles. The Swing is now showing 10450 miles and has been without doubt a trusty steed but now somewhat shabby - what a capable machine this is and wherever I go someone always favourably comments on it. But there are a few jobs that must be done. I really enjoy the bike and use it for commuting but unfortunately it is left outside all year.
Things done so far
1. Front brake pads.
2. Replaced front and rear tyres/tires from worn out hoops to Avons, BIG mistake! Avons want to kill you! (my opinion) Replaced with Michelins - Phew!
3. Remove, soak in WD40 and refit front brake switch - works great now.
4. Soak in WD40 and excercise starter button as lights kept going out! - Very scary stuff at night (trust me!) - works great now.
5. Remove, soak in WD40 and refit rear brake/interlock combo switch as bike refused to turn over/start - works great now.
6. Replace battery.
Things to do
1. Replace rear main brake pads.
2. Replace both fork dust covers as they have split and metal showing inside is rusting.
3. Get the wheels shot blasted and refinished - they are awful!
4. Take drive cover of and clean - never been done.
5. Air & Oil filter, plugs, oil and brake fluid.
6. Attend a speed awareness course :-(
Fortunately I have a GSX1400 to use whilst I sort the Swing out :-)
Suns out! Enjoy!