Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS

Go down 
+2
GHM-PM
SteveSilverWing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SteveSilverWing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
SteveSilverWing

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2015-04-17

Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS Empty
PostSubject: Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS   Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi, I'm Steve from Los Angeles, California.

I am considering purchasing a 2005 Honda Silver Wing ABS that seems in good condition.  I am new to riding bigger scooters such as this one and not sure what to look for or ask.

My main question is that the seller states "Clean North Carolina Title," but he is selling his Silver Wing in California.  What does this mean?  The scooter has roughly 15,000 miles on it.  Does this mean that the current owner never transferred the title to California?  I don't know how this works and would like to understand before I put out cash for a bike that might have title problems.

Help!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS   Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:22 pm

If the seller is the same individual listed on the title there should be no problems. If not it might get convoluted and time consuming, and perhaps spendy as well.

A clear/clean title is VERY important to me when buying a bike. It can be a real pain titling a bike you just get with a bill of sale. Ask me how I know. Not worth it and I won't do it again...
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS   Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:30 pm

You should check California 's DMV website for the procedure for registering out of state vehicles. As I recall, used out of state vehicles must have at least 7500 miles on them to be registered here. You will have to fill out an application for registration and have the VIN and engine number verified by the DMV. Assuming the out of state title is in order, you shouldn't have any problems.

If you have AAA, they can do all the registration for you, including the numbers verification .
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS   Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:36 pm

welcome   Steve welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. You need to ask the seller why he never transferred the title to California. I don't know how California deals with out of state titles but you can probably count on it involving money. Hopefully someone from California will offer some advice for you. I can tell you that 15,000 miles is nothing for a Silverwing they can last hundreds of thousands of miles with no more than normal maintenance. And the ABS is good to have too.          
It would be nice if you went Here and introduced yourself.  Then you'd get a proper welcome from the forum members.

If you are planing on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS   Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:41 pm

welcome Welcome Steve. I had all the answers to your question, but then saw that others had already answered them better. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SteveSilverWing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
SteveSilverWing

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS   Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Hi there Scooter Rider, Silver Wing Expert, Maxi-Scooter Rider, Site Admin, and Silver Wing Guru!!

Thanks so much for that very useful information regarding titles.  You have put my mind at ease about the whole thing.

The owner told me in our phone conversation that he was holding the title in his hands.  He also mentioned that he is a AAA member -- a good sign.  We plan to meet tomorrow at the AAA location and hopefully get them to notarize the North Carolina title, which is a requirement for that state.

Sounds like I'll not have any problems.  I'll be in contact because I am so impressed with all of you! Smile Smile Smile

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Porkie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Porkie

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS   Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Welcome to the forum!

No one lives in LA, so where do you live?

I moved from Hemet, CA in 2000. Lived in Bellflower and Paramount. Born in Lynwood.

My offices were in the Financial district of West LA for many years. I lived 20 miles from there and it took 2 hours to get there and 2.5 hours to get home----every day!

Sam:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.carthageelectronics.com

Purchase out of state Silver Wing ABS
Page 1 of 1