Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Yesterday at 3:33 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Yesterday at 2:38 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pulley long term report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Dr Pulley long term report Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pulley long term report   Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 10:08 pm

With this weather being as wretched as it has been I’ve spent a bit of time in the garage with my Silverwing. Having turned 93,000 miles in December it’s time to change the belt. While I have the “transmission” apart I’ve also made some checks to my Dr Pulley Sliders and HiT Clutch.

I installed the 28gm Sliders in April 2009 at 30812 miles and after 62,000 miles they measure the same as original –no wear at all. I used a digital caliper for the measurements.

The 4-shoe HiT Clutch was installed, a year later, in April of 2010 at 40967 miles. Other than changing the clutch and pillow springs to tweak the engagement and lock-up, and occasionally lubing the bearings in the Driven Pulley, there has been no other maintenance. After 52,000 miles the clutch pads show no visible wear either; both the leading and trailing edges of the shoes are the same thickness. Unfortunately I’m unsure of the original wear pad thickness, so there doesn't seem to be any decent way to compare the original vs current thickness of the pads; and I’m also kinda unsure whether the wear pad thickness alone or the thickness of the wear pads + the shoes should be measured. At any rate there is plenty of meat left on the wear pads so both the Sliders and the Clutch look like they’ll be good for many more miles to come –probably still good long after I've aged out of riding.

Tim
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley long term report   Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 11:32 pm

Tim thank you for the long term report. I've put about 45,000 miles on my Dr Pulley sliders and they show no wear either. So it looks like the products from them are the way to go. Dr Pulley long term report Icon14
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley long term report   Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 7:42 am

Excellent report Tim. It is nice to hear long-term reports so we have some idea of longevity of mods. I have the sliders but not familiar with the Hit clutch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley long term report   Dr Pulley long term report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Pulley long term report
Page 1 of 1