Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing.

Go down 
+2
RickV
john grinsel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. Empty
PostSubject: givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing.   givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 11:50 am

Background: My GIVI E-46 box, made 1998, served on over 10 new bikes/scooters, served in Europe/Asia/North America. Probable miles 4-500,000. Hole cut in top for dog head to come thru about 15 years ago and some vent holes made in recent years since living in South.

The box at time of purchase, had lights which lasted about a year, document holder which fell apart/off about the time----all useless junk in first place. Top retain strap fell off, too, replaced with leather lace.

I use GIVI rack on bike=no troubles, check bolts now and then. For all bikes/scooters it has been used on, I drilled hole thru rear bottom of box/rack. and added security bolt with wing nut for quick box removal.

SilverWing: Box very handy, stable....at highway speeds, but at slow speeds, the weight being high/above and to rear of rear axle center-----You feel it and need to pay attention---bike in my opinion top heavy feeling without box or other bags on passenger seat. Over the years I have added reflectors/decal on back made up by SIGN shop in black/yellow--"CAUTION--OLD FART"-----I believe everyone over 60 should have this on all their vehicles as warning.

Black finish remains nice, treated with stuff for plastic bumpers now and then.

2014 I rode with SilverWing to 46 states-box worked fine, 3 more states with my Suzuki TU 250 ($8.95 Homer Box from Home Depot)

Box appears to be good for another 10-15 years.

Un-usual for motorcycle accessories---the GIVI stuff works/fits and lasts a long time.
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing.   givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 12:22 pm

I agree with John on his assessment of the GIVI E-46 top box - purchased my 2002 SW in 2009 and it came with the GIVI mount and top box. It is basic but very sturdy and holds a large amount of gear - no lights on my model but did add some red reflective tape for some additional visibility - it was made for the long haul.

Rick V
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing.   givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 1:55 pm

john grinsel wrote, "Over the years I have added reflectors/decal on back made up by SIGN shop in black/yellow--"CAUTION--OLD FART"-----I believe everyone over 60 should have this on all their vehicles as warning."

I'm 68 and feel a couple more words should be added to the sign.

CAUTION--OLD FART
TOO OLD TO TAKE ANY
          CRAP!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing.   givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Dale although I agree with the added words, one problem I see by adding extra words is someone may run into the back of you trying to read that many words.Razz
Back to top Go down
Tourezrick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2014-09-12

PostSubject: Re: givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing.   givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:35 pm

Theres a guy in the SW 'burbs of Chicago that rides a 1200 HD. Always (in warm weather) helmet less
and in an orange t-shirt with the lettering, "Cab you see me now, A$$hole". I detect some hostility there! But the funniest thing are all the older folks, esp. women, that creep right on to his rear tire to read the t-shirt! Then, the "OH, MY!" expression! Priceless!
Back to top Go down
Ayjayroy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-09-11

PostSubject: Re: givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing.   givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 6:58 pm

I've had my GIVI E46 for many years on my BMW R1100RT (bought new in 1996): it replaced the original BMW topcase wich was to small to my liking.
When I sold the BMW (summer 2014), I kept the E46, bought a GIVI rack for my "new" 2004 S'wing.
I never had any material damages, the lights worked (on the BMW), and I agree that it will last many years.
GIVI have many good products: I bought the Airflow windshield after reading many posts on this website: works great! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing.   givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

givi monokey E-46 Box experience with SilverWing.
Page 1 of 1