Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box

Go down 
+7
"Hi Yo"
Meldrew
model28a
tarmacburner2
hotwings
yammer
wingmann
11 posters
AuthorMessage
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  Empty
PostSubject: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:33 pm

My Givi top box will not stay open has anyone had this trouble with there Givi top box and what did you do to make it stay open when you are putting things into it.
Back to top Go down
yammer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
yammer

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:44 pm

Something may be preventing the lid from opening fully. Is the ground level, if it's parked up a hill the lid won't stay open.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:11 pm

Thats the trouble with those cheap Givi cases. Should have gone with the Bestem and be trouble free. Razz
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:09 pm

My super cheap solution to the problem is two plastic clothes pegs.
http://en.fotolia.com/id/3432428

Clipped one either side as near to the hinges as possible when the lid is open.

Told you it was cheap.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Which Givi top box do you have and do you have a passenger backrest? If you have a passenger backrest it could prevent the lid from opening fully as yammer suggested. I had that problem so I removed the backrest as I never ride with a passenger anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:32 pm

I have the Givi E52 and E55 top boxes with Givi passenger back rests fitted to them. If I remember correctly the E52 has a single hinged arm to keep the lid open, the E55 has double hinged arms and the back rest doesn't affect the lid staying open on either box.

The cheaper smaller Givi top boxes just have plastic cords to stop the lid opening too far back. If the hinged arms aren't doing their job, a slight push on them should stiffen them up. If not what's wrong with using your hand to hold the lid open.
Back to top Go down
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 2:41 am

I have the Givi E55 with the 2 hinged arms on the sides and the Givi back rest . The cover opens all the way and it falls down on level ground and many times I need two hands inside the box so I can not hold it open with one hand all the time and with the smallest of wind or no wind the top cover will slam shut hits me in the head or slams onto my arms . I think the rivits on the two hinged arms on the sides are not tite I think I will take the hinges off and lay them on the side on a anvil and hit the rivet with a hammer if that did not work I will drill out the rivet and replace it with a screw and a nilock nut . I liked the clothes peg . For how much we pay for the Givi top boxes we should not have trouble we them.
Back to top Go down
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 3:15 am

The hammer and anvil on the rivet worked it stays up now .
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:52 am

wingmann wrote:
The hammer and anvil on the rivet worked it stays up now .
cheers  I checked your profile and it had nothing on you being an engineer, but I'll bet you'd make a good one. Smile 
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 am

I have E46 box, made 1998, now near 500,000 miles on it on various bike/scooters----it came with cord to restrict tilt of top section=junk. Replaced with leather cord, cut so top goes a little over center when opened. This box seems to live forever, hole cut in top for dog's head. I have Givi back rest in my junk storage----have Givi proper back rest on my present Burgman, does not block top...or bolt to it----it is Monokey
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:44 am

hotwings wrote:
Thats the trouble with those cheap Givi cases. Should have gone with the Bestem and be trouble free. Razz

Living dangerously hotwings! Givi are sacred here! :lol!: 
Back to top Go down
Seminole2
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:36 am

Need some advice, before I spend money on a Givi top case. If I buy the Givi box it said it comes with mounting hardware, or some additional hardware might be needed? I would hope the hardware that comes with the box would fit..... Is it hard to mount the swing?

Thanks for the information.

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:56 am

If you go with a Givi MONOKEY box you will need GIVI KIT SR19
http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/silverwing-600/sr19-specific-rack-detail

If you go with a Givi MONOLOCK box you will need GIVI KIT SR19M
http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/silverwing-600/sr19m-specific-rack-detail

Which model of GIVI box are you getting?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box    Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having trouble with my Givi monokey top box
Page 1 of 1