Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Rough acceleration

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-01-13

Rough acceleration Empty
PostSubject: Rough acceleration   Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 1:11 am

Hello, I am kind of new to this forum so I hope I am posting the right way.

First I would like to thank everybody for the great information they have posted on here. It has been very helpful

I recently bought an 02 Swing that was literally "ridden by a little old lady once in awhile on the weekend". I know because she is my neighbor. Anyway it only has 3000 miles on it. When I first brought it home it was hard to start, surged, and would barely idle. Based on the information posted here on the forum i figured out it had a bad fuel pressure regulator. I replaced it and viola it fixed the starting and surging problem. I was real proud of myself because now the bike ran like a new one for about a half and hour. Then it started idling poorly intermittently. Most times on take off it hesitates, sputters and sometimes pops almost stalls. Once it gets above 20 mph it runs like a new bike. Great acceleration and runs smooth. No hesitation at all.

It starts right up and runs at a fast idle the way it should. As it warms up the idle drops off as it should. But when it warms up to where the second temperature bar shows up it will begin to idle irradically. Not every time but most times. Smells like it is running real rich. Even if it stays idling good it will still hesitate on take off. It acts like the time is not advancing.

What I have done so far: Changed fuel pressure regulator, replaced plugs, replace air filter, idle adjustment, balance throttle body (air screw adjustment. Thanks BlackFly) and ran a tank full of gas with Sea Foam.

Probably totally unrelated but whenever it does the hesitation and sputtering the clutch squeals.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Rough acceleration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough acceleration   Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:25 am

Hmm...The Fast Idle wax unit comes to mind. IIRC it is coolant operated and it gradually reduces the idle RPMs as the tcoolant temp rises. If the coolant system is slugded up it may be causing the wax unit to remain in operation and allow a too rich fuel mixture.

So maybe you might want to replace with cooant (use Honda's pre-mixed coolant) and maybe the thermostat too. And while I can't tell you how to clean out the coolant system, I am sure that there is a way. Just be sure that the product you use is compatible with the Silverwing's aluminum alloy engine

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Rough acceleration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough acceleration   Rough acceleration I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:46 am

Hi Stoney, Welcome to this site. Lots of info here.

Check out this link: https://www.silverwing600.com/t1294-coolant-change-info-anybody?highlight=changing+coolant

In the upper left of the site there's a box to put in your search. Just put in "Coolant Change". There's lots of info for that.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rough acceleration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough acceleration   Rough acceleration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rough acceleration
Page 1 of 1