Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 4:55 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Maine

Go down 
+4
"Hi Yo"
model28a
Cosmic_Jumper
RUNONMT
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RUNONMT
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RUNONMT

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-12-02

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 9:06 am

Hey Silverwingers, names Corey up here in maine. I recently found a 2002 Swing with 2200 miles on craigslist that a guy wanted to trade for a Dodge Caravan. so I sent him a message saying that Id throw this out there but had 2000 cash if he was interested in selling.

Well he called and I bought the Swing for 2000. It's red and in perfect condition, he also gave me the service manual he ordered off ebay

Did I do great or what!

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 11:45 am

Hello Cory,

Welcome to the asylum. Sounds like you got a good bargain. While you didn't mention the amount of miles on the scoot you might want to order some mileage/age-related spare parts. A new belt and a new fuel pressure regulator would be wise to have on hand. Also check the tires for the age code. Others here will chime in with opinions as well.

Too bad you are so far up north and won't get opportunity to really check out your new ride.

Tim
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 4:10 pm

welcome
Corey welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. Tim gave some good advice and I agree with him. I would put a new belt on before going too far from home or riding in heavy traffic. And I'd bet money that the tires are original. The reason Tim mentioned the tires and belt is the rubber is probably going on thirteen years old and it's hard to trust rubber that old.
You probably will be able to do most any work your Silverwing since you have the service manual. Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about taking care of and modifying your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good,and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.
Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from Maine 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 4:27 pm

applause applause welcome applause applause If you are happy, then you did good. Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Corey,

Welcome to the site and congrats on your SWing.  It sounds good to me and I would take the advice from the Tim and Rodger and change your belt and tires before next summer.  But look around and you will find good info and really helpful people here.  Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Smile Hello & Welcome bud Smile
Back to top Go down
RUNONMT
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RUNONMT

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys Swing from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Hey guys,

thanks for the info its great to have.   I am currently changing the rollers over to 24g dr pulleys and just tonight ordered the 1 piece givi windshield and mount kit. got both for 114.00 with free shipping.  I changed oil over to 10w40 mobil 1 and trans over to synthetic.  Cleaned the throttle bodies -- they were just a little black and romoved all the grease from rear clutch roller bearings inside where the shaft goes through t and repacked with new grease -- the old grease was hardened and dried out.  ohh also on the transmission cover I took the dust seal off the rear clutch bearing that is pressed into the cover and cleaned out the old grease and repacked.  everything turns smooth and quiet now.  but gotta wait for dr pulley sliders from overseas.  ughhh   thank god I got a heated garage.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Corey,

You will like the DR Pulleys and it sounds like you know your way around a bike. So it will get good to have another knowledgeable person here on the site. I installed the 21 gr Dr Pulleys and they gave great accleration but just too high of rpm's for me. It seems the 24 gr are the most popular since they will give you very good acceleration but also not have the high rpm's like the 21 grams. There are pictorials here and I did one for changing out the windshield so you should read it over. They big thing when changing the windshield is "not to push the screws too hard or the grommets could fall in the fairing". Tell us how everything goes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
RUNONMT
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RUNONMT

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:48 pm

I will Definitely.
Back to top Go down
RUNONMT
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RUNONMT

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:13 pm

just ordered the fuel pressure regulator as preventive headaches waahooo
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Hey there, Corey , I'm just across the border from you: Saint John, New Brunswick. You just joined a great bunch of people who just love to ride their Silverwings, and talk about them when they are not in the saddle. All you have to do is ask the question and before you know it you'll be getting your answers. I am not technically minded, myself, but I do my own fluid changes, and basic stuff.
I am interested in doing more, and probably will get into some mods with time.
Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:11 am

Great deal - Also, good you picked up the shop manual. This is a great site. Lots of info... Welcome.!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Maine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Maine   Hello from Maine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Maine
Page 1 of 1