Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Do you have Time specs on the swing?

Go down 
+3
hotwings
The Bern
KurtPerthWA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Do you have Time specs on the swing? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 5:25 am

Hi all, I need some info. Does anyone have any drag specs for the Silverwing?

I opened my big mouth and stated that the swing can do 0-100 in 5 seconds, just like a Subaru WRX
I reckon it does, but need proof. Standing 1/4 would be handy too
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 am

You gonna be eating a lot of humble pie Kurt, 1/4 mile takes 16 seconds & assuming the acceleration is linear there's no way it will get to a ton in 440 feet bud.
Top speed is listed as 112mph.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/bikereviews/searchresults/bike-reviews/honda/honda-fjs600-silver-wing-2001--current/
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 6:38 am

All i can find from motorcyclespecs is Standing 1/4 mile is 15.9 seconds, top speed 161.2kph. Not sure if its right or wrong just relaying it here! Either way, doubt if your gonna get 0-100 in 5 seconds!!!!
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 6:54 am

Sorry guys, but just after I posted that I tried to edit the post to refer to the fact I was looking for KPH or 60 MPH. looks like the edit was not effective as the site dropped off for maintenance .
I have since sourced out information that 6-7 secs is normal for 0-100kph, whilst it runs at 15 seconds/1/4 mile (ideal conditions). One source quoted 4.5 /100kph with a Malaguti Variator. There was also a sizeable top speed increase noted.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 7:01 am

xxxxxxxx

Last edited by KurtPerthWA on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 7:07 am

I seriously would like to take this guy on... and shut him up. HHMMM Malaguti..Or a Kawasaki H1 500 from the 60's
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:02 am

If you're going Kwaker H1 you might as well do the job properly & get a 750 "widow Maker" & do the whole thing on one wheel :lol!:
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:47 am

The 750 was actually an easier bike to ride. The early (white with blue striping, or smokey dark grey with black)H1's were the fastest of the H1's as Kwaka detuned them over the series and improved their handing. You could actually ride the H2 around a corner and get out alive. The H1's were not so good. It was safer to stop and walk them around and then take off again. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 8:59 am

I was just thinking about 5 secs for 100 mph. OOOOH a! Didn't the coyote try to catch the roadrunner with gizmos like that?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 10:01 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
<>I have since sourced out information that 6-7 secs is normal for 0-100kph, whilst it runs at 15 seconds/1/4 mile (ideal conditions). One source quoted 4.5 /100kph with a Malaguti  Variator.  There was also a sizeable top speed increase noted.

Malaguti Variator for a Silverwing? scratch Why not even our Mr Dan has added that one to his scoot. Faster acceleration?..."sizeable top speed increase"? Tell us more.

Tim
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 10:49 am

The best I could do was 0-60 mph in 6.2 with the J. Costa variator and Power Commander with the Euro map. For me that was fast enough though and I'm not sure how to get it to go faster other than Nitro or something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 3:50 am

Malossi Variator!!!!! Malossi.... not malagutti must have been half asleep when I wrote that.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:32 am

I had the Malossi Variator before I had the J. Costa, and did a side by side dyno comparison.
The malossi did next to nothing for me. Rumor is that Malossi designed and/or produced the stock variator.  The J. Costa was the best variator I found.
Add a Power Commander and a Leo Vince 4road exhaust, and a K&N air filter and you're good to go, go, go!.

If you want more speed than that, you can bore out, and turbocharge.
Nitrous will do next to nothing for your top end, but it will get you there faster. Laughing

Dan
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:32 am

This is good.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9zNKYNork
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Kurt,

I installed the Malossi Variator on my 2005 Majesty and it did help a good deal but it also came with lighter weights, which is why it improved the acceleration. When I installed the 21gr Dr Pulley sliders I would say it was equal to the J. Costa but the rpm's were too high for me. I think they settled down when I got to interstate speed but just general riding the rpm's were too high.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Normally speaking with the 26 gm rollers zero to sixty is seven seconds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have Time specs on the swing?   Do you have Time specs on the swing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you have Time specs on the swing?
Page 1 of 1