Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 8:27 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hyperpro Fork Springs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
glencoeman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-08-07

Hyperpro Fork Springs Empty
PostSubject: Hyperpro Fork Springs   Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 4:54 am

I have just fitted a set of Hyperpro fork springs to my Wing and the difference is amazing - no more supersoft forks! It does not drop into slow corners and it is much more sure footed at higher speeds. It now handles like a motorcycle which is what I am used to. I know some forum members comment on why there is a need to handle like a motorcycle. Well, if you need to brake hard and the forks are compressed with the standard soft fork springs, you would then lose a bit of steering control if the forks are fully compressed. They will try and twist as you brake hard. In my opinion, it is a good safety modification and well worth fitting.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Fork Springs   Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:55 am

Nice mod! Glad you are pleased with the transformation, was it a big job?
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Hyper Pro fork springd   Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 am

Not sure that I would want to be braking hard and steering at the same time but whatever floats your boat as they say.  Now that I'm a full time trike rider some of these brake/ steer situations have become a whole new ball game !
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Fork Springs   Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:53 am

GHM-PM wrote:
Nice mod!  Glad you are pleased with the transformation, was it a big job?

It can be. When I did mine, I removed the front fairing, as I needed to install a DC power outlet in the left glovebox. You can get away without removing the front fairing by loosening and removing the fork clamp bolts under the headlights from the front. You need to also remove the brake calliper and hang it from the handlebars while the front wheel/forks are off. You will need an impact gun to loosen and tighten the fork tube caps if you choose to do the "easy" fork removal. Otherwise, if the fairing is off, you can loosen and tighten the fork caps while the forks are on the bike with a wrench.

There are many threads here on the HyperPro installation, so just do a search. There are a few 'gotcha's as well, like being ready for the stock fork springs to launch the caps and spacers at a dangerous momentum as the caps are removed.
Back to top Go down
glencoeman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Fork Springs   Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:58 am

In reply to bikerboy, no one wants to be braking hard and wrestling with the handlebars. It is just safer in an emergency situation when the forks are not bottoming out.
I did the fork springs the easy way and did not remove the fairing. If you are using sockets to undo the fork bolts, please note 1/2 inch sockets are too big. I used a good quality 3/8 socket with an 18 inch breaker bar. It could only be used with the forks in one position though - with the forks approx half way between straight ahead and full lock. Apart from that, it was a reasonably easy job.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Fork Springs   Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 11:52 am

As an addendum, if you go the "easy" route, you likely won't have enough room to tighten the fork clamp bolts with a torque wrench. You will have to go by feel. It's no biggy, as the torque values are large anyway.
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Fork Springs   Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 5:25 pm

I had pretty much the same experience with HyperPro springs. The front end is so much more stable in the curves and steering was really improved. The most tedious part of the installation was loosening up the lower triple clamp bolts, I ended up using a box wrench and a rubber mallet to break them free from their threadlock. When retightening them again, I just tightened them as much as I could with the same box wrench, so far all is good. I used my electric impact to remove the fork caps. Pushing downward as I loosened them kept them from flying into outer space. I'm just an average shadetree mechanic and I had no trouble installing the springs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Fork Springs   Hyperpro Fork Springs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hyperpro Fork Springs
Page 1 of 1