Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 4:55 pm

» I said Farewell...
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Renegade Rally

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Renegade Rally Empty
PostSubject: Renegade Rally   Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Went to the rally this past weekend. Met some nice guys and girls... saw a gazillion scoots and cycles. My wife said "I have seen so many Silverwings here." I hated to tell her that some of them were Burgys... they do look alike from a distance.
Rally itself was having a little political rebellion that had stirred up some stuff. Because of that I did not actually participate in the rally. BUT, that didn't stop us from visiting with some great people and riding through some of the beautiful hills of northwest Arkansas (A mean old man from California told me I couldn't call the Ozark Mountains ---Mountains). I am really proud of my states' beauty up there. I have been there before in a cage, but it is just a different perspective from scooter seat level. Kinda mind numbing. One of my goals for the year was to ride the "Pig Trail". Did that... WOW... great experience!!! But that is the only way I know how to describe the whole weekend. Weather was super. Temperatures were absolutely perfect, as was the humidity. There was nothing bad about the experience in Eureka.
The trip up and back was an adventure... I ruined a tire and God put me in the only place in central Arkansas that would have a tire that fit.... ($150.00) Somewhere on the route, I lost my insulin. ($60.00) That meant that I had to do without it for two days. NOT GOOD. My camera went 10-7 on the way up ($400.00) Have NO pictures to show. Coming home we hit ( and I do mean HIT!!!) a wall of rain that was impossible to see through for about a mile before we were able to find a porch I could pull up on. Spent about an hour under that roof drying out. Drove on about another mile and the road was as dry as a bone. Not many times I get to stand on a porch dripping wet in a monsoon with my wife and laugh about it. Priceless.
There is a STO there in September. Planning on that one now. Scenery should be even more gorgeous if the rain ever stops and the leaves change.
I am still a little too exhausted to say what I wanted to say, so, I apologize for the ramble. Needless to say, I enjoyed the heck out of the weekend. Ready to do it all over in a week or two...

Gary
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Renegade Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade Rally   Renegade Rally I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
Rally itself was having a little political rebellion that had stirred up some stuff. Because of that I did not actually participate in the rally.

I was not a part of the former rally Scootercade, other than a one time attempt to attend.

The Renegade Rally was born as a result of turmoil in a response to personalities of those running Scootercade. It appears to have been a titanic personality clash that created the Renegade Rally and that clash of personalities has now imploded on itself.

It would be nice if people could set themselves aside, but then I guess if that were possible we wouldn't be people.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

Renegade Rally
Page 1 of 1