Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Best place to buy plastic body parts?

Go down 
+4
Cosmic_Jumper
john grinsel
model28a
workingbadger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
workingbadger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
workingbadger

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-06-27

renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? Empty
PostSubject: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 1:04 am

Anyone have any good websites for buying body parts? I need the black cover that runs from the gas filler, up above the knees to the bottom of the glove boxes. It runs from one side to the other, connecting to the front fairing. I tried BikeBandet, but they flooded me with pop-ups and spam mail Thanks.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 1:56 am

let me Google that for you  Smile 
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:32 am

Try local Honda dealer---that way you have some flexibility---tell them you will only pay retail, ask for "good guy price", too. Keep in mind these SilverWings are not cheap to keep.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 10:14 am

That'd be the "upper floor cover". Try Partzilla.
Back to top Go down
workingbadger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
workingbadger

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Hey,

I tried Partzilla, and they had great prices. Not sure how long it will take, but I ordered the inner box, upper floor cover, a bunch of screws, and some OEM tools. Thanks for the tip Cosmic !
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 4:46 pm

I've had good luck ordering from Partzilla on some plastic pieces for both the GW and SW.
Back to top Go down
mrpegleg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Am looking to replace my entire body plastic. I have a 2006 and need to replace all the Blue parts. Any idea of where to get everything in one place?
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 3:25 pm

For new OEM parts I go to Motogrid, Honda Direct Line and Partzilla on line. It will more very expensive to replace all the plastic. Might be cheaper to replace the whole scooter. Probably the cheapest way to do the job if you want to keep the scooter would be to go to eBay and buy the pieces you need and have them repainted as needed. If you removed all the plastic, replaced the bad parts and then have them all painted at a body shop it would save money and look like new.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Best place to buy plastic body parts?    renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 5:39 pm

I guess deep down inside we all wounder the same thing,why. I think
by now you have realized the cost. Partzilla is a good source for parts. Is there a Honda dealer near you? If you have some idea as to
the total cost I would try talking to the parts manager or better yet try talking to the principal of the dealership.With a total dollar amount they may be willing to negotiate with you.
 Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 7:56 am

I have not dealt with this site, but their prices are better than the previously-mentioned.: ProCaliber.com. This is not a personal endorsement, came across it in another forum.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 10:18 am

john grinsel wrote:
Cost of replacing "plastic" would far exceed value of bike.

John, you are so right.

We're all riding Humpty Dumpty bikes then. One "fall" and they're a total loss --unless you've got the mechanical skills to put the pieces back together. And at that point you'll no longer have a sleek scoot but something more akin to a rat bike. Still very functional, mind you, and capable of putting down the miles, but it ain't ever gonna be the prom king.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best place to buy plastic body parts?   renew black plastic - Best place to buy plastic body parts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best place to buy plastic body parts?
Page 1 of 1