Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Keep Blowing Fuses

Go down 
+4
Doct1369
KurtPerthWA
bigbird
uffbros
8 posters
AuthorMessage
uffbros
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-05-25

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:13 am

I have had my 04 Silverwing for about 3 weeks now and I have blown the 10 amp fuse 2 times now. It is the fuse that effects the tach,speedometer,and the fuel gauge/temp gauges. I am told it is probably a short somewhere. I know in a car when someone says a short everyone cringes as it's next to impossible to find. My buddy is gonna try and find it for me before taking it to a shop and spending a lot of $$$$$.I looked at the online manual for my SW but I see nothing on how to take the front off of it to get to the wiring he would need to look at. Is there a tutorial on this or a section of this manual that tells you how to remove the front ferring to get to the wiring? Any other advise where to look? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:00 pm

These should  help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uv2qyxA-AA

https://www.silverwing600.com/t995-removal-of-fairing
Back to top Go down
uffbros
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:13 pm

That you tube video...the audio doesn't work????? Thanks for the links.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:24 pm

You need a long phillips #2 screwdriver and a credit card. then follow the vids.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:27 pm

uffbros wrote:
That you tube video...the audio doesn't work????? Thanks for the links.

Unless you understand Italian, the audio would be useless to you anyways.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:28 pm

You need a long long phillips #2 screwdriver and a credit card. Then follow the vids.
Real easy just don't force anything.
Back to top Go down
uffbros
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
Doct1369
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Doct1369

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-06-25

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Quote :
I have blown the 10 amp fuse 2 times now. It is the fuse that effects the tach,speedometer,and the fuel gauge/temp gauges. I am told it is probably a short somewhere

my 2002 SW has started doing this as well does anyone here know why this is going on? if so any info would be very nice thanks and have a good one guys.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 12:29 am

Doct1369 wrote:
Quote :
I have blown the 10 amp fuse 2 times now. It is the fuse that effects the tach,speedometer,and the fuel gauge/temp gauges. I am told it is probably a short somewhere

my 2002 SW has started doing this as well does anyone here know why this is going on? if so any info would be very nice thanks and have a good one guys.

This is why it would be nice for people to come back and tell us what their problem turned out to be, and how they fixed it.
It is also why sometimes people are less than welcoming when a new member asks for help on their first post.
Doct1369 I wish I could tell you why you are blowing fuses. All I can suggest is try following the the wire that the fuse is blowing on to see if you can find a short.
Back to top Go down
Doct1369
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Doct1369

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:23 am

Thanks for the reply Roger
changing oil spark plugs and a belt is one thing digging into a rats nest of wire is another thing all together affraid maybe someone will post a fix on here in the next day or so if not i will dig into it then pale

thanks again 
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Yes it can be difficult.I do not think the S/W is notorious for blowing a particular fuse.You never know what you are going to find when buying a use scooter(or car)but most of the time it is relative to some other repair.Can you tell if some one has worked in a particular area or removed a item they may have installed.The front tree(the part under the handle bars)is a area that a lot of wiring is fastened and rotates when steering.You will probably find a area where the wiring insulation has been scrubbed off. You probably will need two people to remove the front faring the first time.Just take your time and try not to complicate matters. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
Doct1369
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Doct1369

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 4:57 pm

no repair have been made to the scooter and no items have been added it just started doing this out of the blue. i went for a ride and came home then went back out for a ride and the scooter would not turn over and then when it did the fuse was dead so i replaced it and went for the ride everything was fine then did the same thing the next day. i replaced the fuse and started the scooter up and then fuse went before i made it back onto the road.
Back to top Go down
Doct1369
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Doct1369

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 8:49 pm

sorry it's been so long but i forgot to post what i found when i had this happen to me. i found a wire that was rubbing against the "THREAD, STEERING HEAD TOP" part number 53220-422-000 causing the wire to short out. i taped up the sharp edge with several layers of electrical tape and it fixed the fuse problem. the part is not very sharp but after 14 years of the wires rubbing there it cut into the wires insulation causing the wire to ground out. this may not happen to you but if you start blowing the 10 amp fuse for the dash check the wires near this part.

i hope this help you guys and save you a lot of time Smile
Attachments
Keep Blowing Fuses Attachment$_1.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(28 Kb) Downloaded 24 times
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Blowing Fuses    Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:40 am

Thank you for letting us know what caused your problem. This can be help full for those that that have a similar problem. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 11:35 pm

Glad you found it and more so that you let the forum know how you corrected it.

I was going to recommend you seek out some anger management therapy if you kept blowing your fuse.

:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2014-08-24

Keep Blowing Fuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep Blowing Fuses   Keep Blowing Fuses I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 9:20 pm

I recently had all the rear plastics off to fit s/h engine and noticed that the wiring loom that runs down the left side just in front of the battery box had rubbed through on the frame it was not causing any problems but in my opinion was not fitted in the right place causing it to rub against the frame in that area soon sorted it out though
Back to top Go down

Keep Blowing Fuses
Page 1 of 1