Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jmaslak
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? Empty
PostSubject: Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike?   Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 6:49 pm

Has anyone tried putting a rim from an ABS Silverwing (front or back) onto a a non-ABS Silverwing?

I'm thinking the rims are identical except for being drilled and tapped for the ABS ring on the ABS rims. So I'm thinking you should be able to put an ABS rim on a non-ABS bike in a pinch.

I'm asking because I'm considering buying a set of ABS rims to have a tire mounted on and ready for use when I need it (if I had tire problems somewhere, it would just be a matter of someone back home shipping me the mounted wheel and I'd have to swap it in the field and ship the garbage tire/rim back). Because I also have a non-ABS Wing, I'd like to be able to put them on that bike in a pinch - if I can do it, I'll probably try to source some used rims.

So, has anyone mounted an ABS rim on a non-ABS bike? If so, what rim(s)?
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike?   Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Why are you considering ABS rims? Why not get the non-ABS rims? Only thing I can think is that you already have access to the ABS rims and not the standard rims.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike?   Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Hello,

All you need to do is remove the PULSER RINGS, three small screws and one ring per wheel.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down

Can you put ABS rims on a non-ABS bike?
Page 1 of 1