Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New bike and off i go

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ashloiii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-06-06

New bike and off i go Empty
PostSubject: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Hello from Manitoba Canada. I have just purchased my second Silverwing It is a 2009 with 11500kms, having a good going over and ready to go as soon as it warms up a little.
A few more bits to do and off i go. Drive safe and have fun..
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 pm

Hello ashloii and welcome to the BEST SWing site on the net. Sounds like a nice SWing you've got there. I've had mine out a few times so far this season but not for long rides. I need it a bit warmer for longer rides. And with gas prices going up around here I want it warmer so I can ride the SWing more than drive my pickup. Anyway, it's more fun too.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 7:00 am

ashloii welcome aboard from o-HI-o enjoy both the ride and this site.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 7:19 am

Pull up a chair, ashloii. I don't believe it is quite riding season in Manitoba, yet. Same here in New Brunswick. Enjoy the site and the company.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
ashloiii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Thank for the replys, always nice to hear from like minded people. Well finished work today and got home and spent the rest of the afternoon stripping down the body panels and finishing off the overall inspection and service.

As the previous rider was a little on the large size i was informed, he had scratched a few of the panels and so off to the body shop they go. Extra power socket installed along with battery trickle charger adapter also rear wheel removed to go to the dark side, which i might add i had on my previous wing and jolly good it was too.

I know it is a little nippy out there and u r all itching to get out but please b careful when u do as dem idiots are waiting to get ya.

swing
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 10:09 am

Hello from Santa Barbara Ca.
Congrats on yet another Scooter. Sounds like you are hooked and rightfully so. Enjoy and remember to always keep the rubber DOWN. bounce
Back to top Go down
ashloiii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:51 pm

johnd wrote:
Hello from Santa Barbara Ca.
Congrats on yet another Scooter. Sounds like you are hooked and rightfully so. Enjoy and remember to always keep the rubber DOWN. bounce

Hi John, Thanks for the welcome, i am def hooked on the SW, i looked at the Burgman b4 i brought the first SW but a couple of issues with them.

Well not tried to wheelie it yet as i am not that brave Surprised I had a Blackbird in the UK and that was an experience.
Back to top Go down
ashloiii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Ok here is another question, have any of you fitted an aux fuel tank? Whilst the bike is in bits it will make it easier to do so. If you are in Canada a few good pointers would be great and forever in your debt. I was thinking under the topbox plate as i have a 48ltr one mounted.

Thank you in advance
Back to top Go down
ashloiii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:56 pm

cotetoi wrote:
Pull up a chair, ashloii. I don't believe it is quite riding season in Manitoba, yet. Same here in New Brunswick. Enjoy the site and the company.

Jay.

But most certainly heading in the right direction weather wise though sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
ashloiii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Well an update on the new wheels, after spending valuable time on her for the rewards later... Full going over, oil and filter, air filter cleaned, antifreeze checked, brake fluid changed and brakes checked, belt filters cleaned as it must have been ridden in a very dusty area. Dark side tire fitted, which i might add are starting to get a little scarce, power socket fitted, some of the panels have come back and she is on two wheels again. Just been for a run up and down the road and a joy to ride if only briefly, top box and back rest fitted however i have abandoned the aux tank fitting as i feel it is way more trouble than it is worth but may do it later down the road so a gas can will suffice for now.

I would like to post some pics but cannot for some reason find out how, must b a technophobe.. I have seen a few bikes on the road as the weather is much nicer here in Manitoba now, with temps up to 16 degrees, bbq and beer out cheers  Wishing you very safe and trouble free biking season...
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 5:49 pm

16 C , that's absolutely cooking !! Enjoy. We won't be seeing double digits till next Monday. Baby is coming out then, I hope. Stay safe on the road !

Jay.
Back to top Go down
ashloiii
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 pm

[quote="cotetoi"]16 C , that's absolutely cooking !! Enjoy. We won't be seeing double digits till next Monday. Baby is coming out then, I hope. Stay safe on the road !

Jay.[/quote

Oh dear sorry to hear u r still cooler.. I think we are in for a nice weekend which is good but would love to get out but i have to b patient.. Happy travels to u as well..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New bike and off i go   New bike and off i go I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New bike and off i go
Page 1 of 1