Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Things I learned while Swinging

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Things I learned while Swinging Empty
PostSubject: Things I learned while Swinging   Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:17 pm

I left N.E. Ia. on a 500 mi. trip to N. Mn Just got back. I now have 1150 mi. on the scooter. I just traded in my 1983 G-wing on a 2012 Swing. A few things that worked for me before I left. Bicycle no finger padded gloves that I had; comfortable; $9.00 at any bicycle shop. My gps and radar detector sat very nice on the brake fluid reservoirs; I stuck them on with black Velcro, and a rubber band for safety.

I tour and camp a lot as a bicyclist; so I grabbed my largest sleeping bag and bungee corded it to the passenger seat; very good back-rest.

Speaking of safety; Please note how much better you can see a cycle/scooter coming toward you with the high beam on. 50 years of riding and I've only had one person pull out on me. The high beam doesn't bother other drivers in daylight. Keep the high beam "ON". harley
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Things I learned while Swinging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things I learned while Swinging   Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:45 pm

This was a funny title, because "swinging" also refers to swapping partners for sex.

1.  Their are a number of people here that go "scamping" (a.k.a. scooter camping)
I'm sure they'll be happy to swap stories with you.
Also you can search for more info if you like.

2.  High beam on all the time may be visible, but it is still rude.  
There are a number of posts on auxiliary lighting here for cost effective ways for people to see you without you blinding them.
As for not bothering others in daylight, that's your impression.
You might have even asked a driver or two if it bothers them, but no one driver can speak for all.
The reason you are legally required to have a low beam is to avoid blinding others.
Its also the reason that daytime running lights on cars are low.

Enjoy the forum and enjoy your new Silverwing!

Dan
Back to top Go down

Things I learned while Swinging
Page 1 of 1