Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also GIVE US THE COURTESY of introducing yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Attempted my first ever day trip on a FJS4002
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:30 pm

» That doesn't look right - clutch wear
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:10 pm

» Dash Panel Seperation
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Today at 10:33 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 8:42 pm

» PA. Bucket List.
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:12 pm

» Turn signal fuse keeps blowing
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:32 am

» Final oil Drive
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:25 am

» New guy - help with part number
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:22 pm

» New member from Seattle area
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:56 pm

» At 83 maybe taking a year off from riding
Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeby MUCHoldERwingguy Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:24 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Things I learned while Swinging

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Things I learned while Swinging Empty
PostSubject: Things I learned while Swinging   Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:17 pm

I left N.E. Ia. on a 500 mi. trip to N. Mn Just got back. I now have 1150 mi. on the scooter. I just traded in my 1983 G-wing on a 2012 Swing. A few things that worked for me before I left. Bicycle no finger padded gloves that I had; comfortable; $9.00 at any bicycle shop. My gps and radar detector sat very nice on the brake fluid reservoirs; I stuck them on with black Velcro, and a rubber band for safety.

I tour and camp a lot as a bicyclist; so I grabbed my largest sleeping bag and bungee corded it to the passenger seat; very good back-rest.

Speaking of safety; Please note how much better you can see a cycle/scooter coming toward you with the high beam on. 50 years of riding and I've only had one person pull out on me. The high beam doesn't bother other drivers in daylight. Keep the high beam "ON". harley
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Things I learned while Swinging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things I learned while Swinging   Things I learned while Swinging I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:45 pm

This was a funny title, because "swinging" also refers to swapping partners for sex.

1.  Their are a number of people here that go "scamping" (a.k.a. scooter camping)
I'm sure they'll be happy to swap stories with you.
Also you can search for more info if you like.

2.  High beam on all the time may be visible, but it is still rude.  
There are a number of posts on auxiliary lighting here for cost effective ways for people to see you without you blinding them.
As for not bothering others in daylight, that's your impression.
You might have even asked a driver or two if it bothers them, but no one driver can speak for all.
The reason you are legally required to have a low beam is to avoid blinding others.
Its also the reason that daytime running lights on cars are low.

Enjoy the forum and enjoy your new Silverwing!

Dan
Back to top Go down

Things I learned while Swinging
Page 1 of 1