Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

visiting 4 corners US

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

visiting 4 corners US Empty
PostSubject: visiting 4 corners US   visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 am

Earlier this year I posted I planned to visit4 extreme corners of the US--bike/scooter. I, about 15-20 years ago did it, Helix/BMW K-75 as I recall. March I bought new Suzuki TU250, real dog until it gets 5,000 miles.It offers easy to work on, performance of Reflex or Helix and up to 90 mpg staying out of the throttle.
Middle March I decided to do Key West first---FL is boring ride at best, horrible weather---took my Burgman 400=dry feet and nice underseat storage., TU rested. A month or so ago decided on Maine/Quebec, 2950 miles, Sun to Sun, used TU250--no trouble, stock foot rests suck=floppy maybe 6 in. too far forward, no centerstand sucks, too.

Ok, maybe end of next week, Vancouver, BC---been having knee pain, noticed when using TU for 2 hours of city errand running----knees hurt, more than usual. Bend? No fix, but VA pays me well for the bother/pain-----so scooter again?

Getting to the Pacific NW in late fall can involve some snow/cold---so better to do it now.

Last will do last leg, Nov/Dec to San Diego again trying TU, using southern most route. My starting point is Chattanooga, TN====horrible place to live, unless you like dirty public bathrooms/crappy fast food and some of the worst drivers in the world

This time camping.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: visiting 4 corners US   visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:57 am

John, sounds like some nice trips. Enjoy, and ride safe.

Now, I have to ask. If you hate TN so much why do you live there?

I have been to TN a number of times and I find it very enjoyable and friendly. Great roads, scenery, the public bathrooms seem just find and the food no problem. Bob and I would consider retiring there when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: visiting 4 corners US   visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Before you move to TN---check on expensive/quality of house build/price/people and the way they drive/medical---US 36th in world on quality of care/TN 47th in US-----where I grew up if you had crawl space, you lived in trailer. Dental, etc

My wife wanted to move here, has friends----I think no skiing, no bars/full of church nuts---I am 74 have to show ID to buy beer. Lots of trailer bikers in their Halloween costumes.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
visiting 4 corners US 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: visiting 4 corners US   visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 6:44 pm

TN population---approximately 6.5 million. All wrong----John has spoken. Smile  Maybe one of those four corners will suit him. :lol!:  At least, we found out who wears the pants in the family.
Back to top Go down
BenRussoUSA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-08-15

PostSubject: Re: visiting 4 corners US   visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:36 pm

I have never been to Chattanooga. However, I think the riding around Tellico Plains, TN is the best I have ever seen. The Cherahola Skyway, the roads around the Fontana Dam, the "Dragon" (US 129) is a unique bit of fun if you can find a time when it isn't bumper to bumper full of people, GA 110, and Route 68 south of Tellico. To the east a ways is Asheville, NC, and going to the NNE is the BRP. Which is just heaven for riding a two wheeler.

-Ben.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: visiting 4 corners US   visiting 4 corners US I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:56 pm

I would have enjoyed a lunch and ride with you on your trip thru New England, maybe next time!
Back to top Go down

visiting 4 corners US
Page 1 of 1