Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The site and domain name will continue for the next year !!!
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 8:55 pm

» Whose a Lucky Boy Then?
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 7:59 pm

» Ultimate 1 up touring machine
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby skidders Today at 6:11 pm

» 2002 Burgundy SilverWing For Sale $1475 OBO
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby Dutch SilverWing Today at 4:39 pm

» Inexperienced, but want to tour. Advice wanted.
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 10:29 am

» Backrest for sale
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby Ejscoot Today at 9:37 am

» Headlight (Low and High) won't turn on
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby Brian Goobacheck Yesterday at 7:52 pm

» Honda 350 Forza 500 miles in.
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Yesterday at 4:34 pm

» Greetings from the Rockies!
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby Brian Goobacheck Yesterday at 11:57 am

» horn replacement
Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Yesterday at 2:56 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners Empty
PostSubject: Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners   Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:01 am

Not promoting the bike itself.
This review has a good description of how the bmw headlight shines into the turn.

http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-k1600gt-k1600gtl-review-road-test/26886/

Headlight info near the bottom. Pretty ingenious.

Dan
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3110
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners   Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:57 am

But regular motorcycles and Vespas have been doing it for long time. My new TU 250 Suzuki does it, too at no BMW cost or expense to repair. Seeing where yu ae going can be handy.
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners   Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 pm

I remember the Citroen DS 19 tried directional headlamps in the mid 60s. It was good until they were sliding through the bends on opposite lock when rallying ... i suppose the BMW would have the same issue if you were brave enough to drift it through the bends, dirt track style. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners   Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Fantastic looking motorcycle. If I had a BIG bank account this would be in my 4 car garage.
I believe, that by my scooter having spot-fog lights on my forks, I am able to achieve almost the same effect.
Every knows that BMW stands for "Bring Me Your Wallet" right? :lol!:
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners   Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:16 pm

BMW could mean " Big Mama's Wazoo" affraid
Back to top Go down

Review: BMW's K1600GTL, featuring headlights that look around the corners
Page 1 of 1