Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone up for a trip? East side of California.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. Empty
PostSubject: Anyone up for a trip? East side of California.   Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:48 am

My son and a friend and I are going to cruise up the east side of CA the week of Sept. 7-12. Stay a couple of nights in Independence and check out the Lone Pine area and cruise up to Whitney Portal (14000 feet above seal level).

Next we will ride up to the east entrance to Yosemite and spend whatever time we want checking out the Park.

And finally, we will head back South on Hwy 395 and spend a couple of nights in the Laughlin, NV area. Laughlin is a neat little gambling mecca about 100 miles from Vegas. While there we could ride up to Oatman etc.

If anybody is interested and joining in for all or part of this send me a PM.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a trip? East side of California.   Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:18 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
..... cruise up to Whitney Portal (14000 feet above seal level).
The 'seal level' in California is at 'zero' feet. Whitney Portal is 8000 feet elevation (end of the road). Mt Whitney, the highest peak in contiguous 48 states, is at 14,500 feet - along a perfect trail (no bouldering necessary) but an 18 round trip hike.

Just having some fun here! I very much appreciate you putting this offer out to the membership Glenn and would love to come if I could. Ride safe - you are bound to have fun!
Back to top Go down
ebear695
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a trip? East side of California.   Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Wow, sounds like fun, I've made this ride many times. Stay in Lone Pine, and ride the portal from there, be sure to ride to the Brislecone Pines out of Big Pine, great side ride, take a lunch and view the sites. If you can ride up the mountain out of Bishop, maybe the aspens will be turning at that time in the area of Cardinal Village and South Lake. I've stayed at the Ramada Inn in Bishop many times, its nice. Make side trips to Mammoth Mt. and the June Lake Loop. Remember that there is a charge per motor to drive though the park at Yosemite, but the ride up to Tioga Pass is stunning!
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a trip? East side of California.   Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:06 pm

ebear695 wrote:
Remember that there is a charge per motor to drive though the park at Yosemite, but the ride up to Tioga Pass is stunning!
If your are 62 you can get a 'senior pass'(aka Old Person) for $10 that lasts a lifetime - but you can't get these at a NP gate - need to go to NP office prior to going to a gate (plenty of these around). If you don't have a pass or would rather not pay the fee - ride up with all of your gear on - look at the Ranger - and often they will wave you through - guessing they do not want you to get off the bike as it holds up the line. Also, you can two more bikes in the park for free if you both sign the pass - but this policy seems as if it is being discouraged.
Back to top Go down
ebear695
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for a trip? East side of California.   Anyone  up for a trip?  East side of California. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:23 pm

well darn, neither one of us is 62 yet, maybe next time, thanks for the info, I'll go onto the web site and scope the Golden Eagle pass!
Back to top Go down

Anyone up for a trip? East side of California.
Page 1 of 1