Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Today at 7:57 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:44 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Today at 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?

Go down 
+9
GHM-PM
Dramhunter
DickO
magana alberto
buddy19520
hotwings
model28a
Gyro
Silverwing28681
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-16

geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  Empty
PostSubject: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:54 pm

I Added a nice backrest to my wing today, Works great, You can even make it lay over for your rider to get on, Even goes up and down, Easy to do ! Geeze Honda !

If You guys have any questions hit me up ! Way better then the " butt to back rest " I had tried !!!!!!!

photo P1050722_zpsad5ce1ae.jpg

geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  P1050724_zpscf94e73b
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Who's the maker?
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:18 pm

I made it, Easy to do!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:49 am

Nice, could you tell us how you did it?
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:29 am

Another bonus is that it could double as a toilet when you have to "go" and there arent any rest stops in site. Laughing
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:49 pm

That is a great looking backrest. Looks like the ones the Burgman 650 riders make from a Isuzu headrest, but better. The hinges are particularly nice - very helpful for passengers getting on/off.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Silverwing28681 wrote:
I Added a nice backrest to my wing today, Works great, You can even make it lay over for your rider to get on, Even goes up and down, Easy to do ! Geeze Honda !

If You guys have any questions hit me up ! Way better then the " butt to back rest " I had tried !!!!!!!
Could you please tell us what the headrest came from and how you modified it to fit? Smile I never ride with a passenger but I would like to try it to see if it is more comfortable. I'm using the buttstop to backrest conversion now.
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi yes PM sent to the ones that have asked, Yes I agree with you guys the butt to back rest is well could use some help let me leave it at that, But this back rest can be made for LESS the $40 the whole deal.

I rode this evening for little over a hour and man what a difference, I am 6'4" and needed the leg room !
Back to top Go down
magana alberto
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi there 28681, would you send me additional info in how you created your very good looking and efficient backrest conversion, materials, list of parts, etc, i'd really appreciate it, thanks in advance.

Alberto from Las Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Hey PM sent !
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Hey "28681",

Since we're all friends here who like to learn about different modifications (that's kinda' one of the purposes of this site), is there a chance you could post directions/parts in the maintenance/modification section so everyone could share???  Then we'd "all" appreciate it.  Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:24 am

Hey yes that is what I've been saying also, I am. Getting another headrest from the junk yard to use to take photos to show everyone how to make a backrest like this for less then $ 40 dollars,
Back to top Go down
Dramhunter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Dramhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 am

Hell yeah, I wanna know too, tell me PLEASE!!
Back to top Go down
http://northlight.artistwebsites.com/index.html
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:27 am

Me too, can you share with me also?
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 10:29 am

bouncebouncebouncebounce Outstanding. Way cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:59 pm

If guessing is allowed,I would think the headrests are from Isuzu Rodeo/Amigo
Back to top Go down
ezejai
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:00 am

Hello, did I miss the post on how to make this great backrest? I'd appreciate reciving a PM with the detaisl if that what it takes. However, as someone already mentioned, it woudl be wonderful to share for all! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 am

No you didn't. We're all still waiting for this one.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:43 am

Why don't y'all go down the junk/scrap yard and get yourselves an Isuzu Trooper headrest while you're waiting.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:46 am

Because we don't know what colour it needs to be! Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 am

I'd have thought the 2 photos at the top of the page would have given you a clue.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:27 am

The picture at the TOP is (currently) a road and trees. The second is a side on shot of a bike.

Razz 
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Back rest   geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Gee, that sounds like something I would ask. Ha ha.
So there are a lot of good sprays in a can you can buy, that way if you change your mind, you can just redo the job over and over and over. cheers 
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Colin B wrote:
The picture at the TOP is (currently) a road and trees. The second is a side on shot of a bike.

Razz 
What?????
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:24 pm

johnd wrote:
Gee, that sounds like something I would ask. Ha ha.
So there are a lot of good sprays in a can you can buy, that way if you change your mind, you can just redo the job over and over and over. cheers 
What part 2?????????????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?    geeze - Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geeze, Honda why could you not do this ?
Page 1 of 1